1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

How To Clean Shrimp The Easy Way

Discussion in 'Shrimping School, Learning, Tips and Tricks' started by Nautical Gator, Nov 15, 2015.

1. rab0690

rab0690 Greenhorn

Great video on how to clean and deveine. How do I sign up for one teh the boot camp classes and start learning?

2. duffy

duffy Powder Monkey

Your a natural on camera. That looks like so much shrimp. Let us know when sign up for shrimp school.

3. Jayde

Jayde Pirate in the making

Thanks for the cleaning tips. I'll definitely use the new technique this season!

4. JD4WD

JD4WD Greenhorn

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

5. mrwetwork

mrwetwork Pirate

The amount of time I have wasted in my life doing it the wrong way, lol. Thank you.

6. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate

Agreed! I have wasted to much time and pricked my fingers and hands a million times cleaning Shrimp. Great advice. I already purchased the deveining tool! Thanks, now just need to find the shrimp

7. purplewg

purplewg Newbie

We just swirl a finger in the bucket full of shrimp and it gathers a handful of the antlers. Use the other hand and just pop the body off. When done you have a handful of heads to toss aside and repeat. We also freeze in plastic containers and top with water to help preserve them without freezer burn. The horns on the tail will poke holes in a bag. Once froze, pop em out and put in freezer bags and reuse the containers. Lots of different ways to accomplish the same task. :) Love to see how other people do it.

mak likes this.
  8. Jeepster

Jeepster Swabbie

Great video. Hope we have a great shrimping season. Full Pulls to all !!!!