1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Looking For Gps/ff

Discussion in 'For Sale CLASSIFIEDS, Boating, Fishing, Shrimping' started by shrimpmansteve, Jul 20, 2019.

1. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

looking to purchase gently used gps fish finder for my 19 foot center console. Mine just crapped the bed.

Thanks

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

you would be better off purchasing a new one, prices have come down... get a last years model.. on the cheep...

3. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

I will take that advice. Thanks gator

4. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

West marine and some of the others usually have big sales over Labor Day if you aren’t in a rush. I saw a used 9” Lowrance Elite somewhere the other day at a really good price. I’ll be darned if I can remember where. I’ll keep looking and let you know if I find it.

5. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

Thanks guys!
    I appreciate the response

6. mak

You can get last year’s model of the Elite TI direct from Lowrance as a factory refurbished with full warranty. Looks like a really good price and cheaper than what I seem to remember them going for not long ago when all the shops were blowing them out to make way to the TI2
    Elite-9 TI at $649 with the totalscan transducer. https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/reconditioned/refurb-elite-9-ti-totalscan/

7. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

Nine inches is a little large for my 19 footer. I had a 5 May go to a 7

8. Nautical Gator

I would put a 55 inch on mine if it fit LOL

Srfrdave, mak and shrimpmansteve like this.
  9. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

Does that come with Roku:)

10. mak

Yeah, I put a 7” in my little 15 footer last year and it was such a big step up from the 20+ year old ones I had on my bass boat that it seemed huge. That lasted about two trips. If/when I replace it I would not go less than 9” (and like Sam, could go for a 55”). Makes a huge difference with the extra screen real estate and the better resolution they usually have on the 9” and larger displays.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  11. Nautical Gator

12. mkyota1

mkyota1 First Mate

I went from a 7" to 9" and loved the bigger screen. Next one will be bigger whenever it gets replaced/upgraded. With that said it is all about preference and how much you want to spend. Also like you said on a small boat space can be a factor. Good luck with the search.

13. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

Oh my god the choices are endless. I just started looking on line and there are a zillion of them. My last one was a lowrance and I loved it. I’m kinda limited with my space. But I guess at the very least I’m going to a seven inch. Price and space.

6D649767-9E10-470A-BF77-E828937D9401.png

14. mak

Are you doing a flush mount where it fits in a cut-out in the console? A Ram style ball mount might give you more flexibility with positioning a larger unit if you aren’t trying to fill an existing hole.

15. Rich M

Rich M Matey

I have a 7 inch Garmin and am real happy with it. Make sure you get side scan and such.

16. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Matey
    Thread Started By

My current unit was mounted on top of the console. No hole to fill