1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Ars 8.10 & 8.11 Ponce Inlet

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports (R)' started by GRADY69, Aug 14, 2018.

1. GRADY69

GRADY69 Junior Member
    Fishing Report By

Got a late start on Friday around 7:30 out of Ponce. There were 7 of us on my buddies boat out of Inlet Harbor. Stopped at the culverts 6 miles out to get some pinfish and grunts. Five minutes later we headed out to a spot east of 16 Fathoms. It was slow there but I was able to catch 1 20lb red on a butterflied pinfish that had died in the live well. It turned out to be the biggest fish the day. Sharks showed up after that so we moved out further near a spot on the map called 28 Wreck in 120 foot of water. Had a consistent bite there using sardines and livies. Caught about 20 snappers there with most in the 12lb range. Also caught a couple of porgies and a nice size mango.

On Saturday we headed out around 9:30 with 4 of us fishing. After getting some live bait we headed over to the Party Grounds. Boats everywhere and we do not see too many fish being caught. We drifted some ledges on the east side for about an hour with no luck. Headed east toward Mango Hole and the bite was slow there also. We did catch a 10 lb mutton snapper there though. Headed north after an hour or so and fished probably 15 other spots that day. We only pulled up one red snapper but it was a sow around 25lb.

Hopefully the weather and fish will cooperate next weekend.

8.10.18 Snapper.jpg

8.10.18 Snappers.jpg

2. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

Nice pile of fish there. The fish sure were being picky last weekend, hoping for a reversal this weekend.

3. nat55611

nat55611 Cabin Boy

Good catch of snappers you got

4. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Very nice. That is a good looking mangrove and red snapper.

5. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

That's a really fine catch, Glad to see that you got in the snapper. Hope that this weekend is even better.

6. Knex2fish

Knex2fish Newbie

That's a nice little bit of meat!

7. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Nice snapper trip! Thanks for sharing.

8. wantfish

wantfish Pirate

Got some snapper though that’s a good weekend

9. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Seadog

Pretty flipping nice load there. Congrats on a nice haul!

10. Goggle Eye

Goggle Eye Seaman Recruit

Good job Grady. Nice mess of fish. TFTR

11. mamazoo

mamazoo Greenhorn

Thank you for the share, I cant wait to get out this weekend. We are planning on Sunday trip to the party grounds. Your information is fantastic. We are just starting out fishing so even a no fish day is a good day for us.

12. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer

Great catch on the snappers. Thanks for posting.

13. Sweep49

Sweep49 Pirate in the making

Nice trip and great results. Thanks for sharing.

14. William OBrien

William OBrien Cabin Boy

Yeah saturday was a slow day. i am going out sunday if all goes well.

15. M1k309333

M1k309333 Junior Member

Looks like a good day to me nice fish

16. George No Clue

George No Clue Cabin Boy

Nice catch. Looks like several dinners. TFTR