1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Anyone Ever Tried Royal Red Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Tele Caster, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Tele Caster

Tele Caster Treasure Hunter
    Fishing Chatter

Wife found some at a Friday night farmers market in Deland a couple weeks ago. Man, those are a different kind of shrimp! Almost tastes/feels like a more tender lobster. Instantly became one of my favorite foods ever. If you see them, get ‘em!

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

My father-in-law picked some up a couple weeks ago when they were down for a visit. He said they were “Argentine Reds”. I assume that is the same as what you are talking about. Never heard of them before but I loved them. Got some more later that week. Best shrimp I think I’ve had. Would definitely say they are my favorite. Not only was the flavor different but I like the texture better too.

3. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Just looked them up. Apparently the argentine reds at different than the royal reds. I’ll have to keep my eye out for those to do some comparative test testing research:rolleyes:

4. LivinthedreamPC

LivinthedreamPC Pirate in the making

Awesome shrimps. 5 stars. publix has been having the argentina royal reds 16-20 count for 9,99 a pound on and off. they are a deep deep water shrimp with a sweet flavour. they are fragile and soft though. so use caution when peeling and they should be deveined they have gnarley dookie system. but super good flavour shrimp. they also sell a pre-packed 2 lbs bag. make siure you have them tare off the ice weight for you though. enjoy.

5. Tele Caster

Fishing Chatter

Yeah it’s quite a huge vein in some of them. The ones I’ve been seeing are about 10 shrimp per pound. One shrimp is 3 pretty big bites. Sooooooo good :yum:

6. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy

Sounds yummy. May have to stop at the farmers market being I live in deland

7. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

Lol, don't plan on buying any shrimp any time soon - good old Indian/Halifax River shrimp are really, really good so don't need to buy 'em.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  8. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

As Ken said it best! don't plan on buying any shrimp any time soon - good old Indian/Halifax River shrimp are really, really good so don't need to buy 'em.

So I guess you have not had our locally Indian/Halifax River Red shrimp...

9. Tele Caster

Fishing Chatter

Haven’t done any shrimping yet and I’m not sure if I’ve had any. Would certainly love to though.