1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Red Snapper Season

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Rich M, Jun 5, 2020.

1. aharp61

aharp61 Deckhand

Only four days what a bummer!

2. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer

Yeah it really is a shame. I have been out when we can not get our baits past the ARS. But who’s keeping track. They say 28-30 of the ARS released dont make it.
    I’m wondering how do they figure? Plus new rules on descending devices coming in July.

3. JBF

JBF Powder Monkey

Hot dog here we go. Hope the ramps stay open

4. Fcsoccer11

Fcsoccer11 Pirate

So whats your favorite ARS bait/ rig? I like a knocker rig with a small live grunt who just got a fresh hair cut... u?

Srfrdave likes this.
  5. gatortrout19

gatortrout19 Deckhand

Hope it's good weather that weekend! Always seems to happen, limited season = bad weather

6. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer

It seems like they will eat pretty much anything. Big squid works well also. And I have caught them recently on live mullet and frozen bait as well.

7. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

I was looking at the rig they recommend. It's simple and easy, the sinker holds it in place the when you pull up on the line, it slides out. Pretty slick. Looks easy enough to self-made as well.

I use a hypodermic needle to deflate air bladder.

8. J Adams

J Adams Pirate

Any kind of cut or live bait works. Squid, sardines, pinfish, mullet, fresh caught on sabiki, all works. The bigger ones seem to like something frisky.

9. Heading out on Saturday to some public numbers, hoping the weather holds off long enough for us to fill the box.

10. Heading out tomorrow morning with my buddy Caelan, heading to a spot a little north that has been loaded with ARS, captain Caelan just went and check on them Monday. Hoping we have our limit in the box and are looking for something different early.

mkyota1 likes this.
  11. alex23

alex23 Pirate

Will try and get to the ramp early tomorrow. Haven’t been up to NsB for at least a year or more.

12. jon.esparza

jon.esparza Greenhorn

Wow I didn’t realize it was only 4 days! Thanks for the post! Planned on going out next Saturday but it looks like it’s gonna be Friday!

13. kujo

kujo Junior Member

Four days for snapper? Again the recreational guys getting hosed.

14. mreloc

mreloc Greenhorn

Wait- there’s a red snapper season in the Atlantic? My plastic fish sizing guide only mentions Gull being restricted. Sorry- newbie here :)

15. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

in State waters the season is all year, two per person. in Federal waters only limited season usually two weekends. watch for posts.