1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Fishermen Off Keys Reel In 758-pound Swordfish, Biggest In Florida History

Discussion in 'In The News section, Local News and Information' started by Nautical Gator, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Fishermen off Keys reel in 758-pound swordfish, biggest in Florida history

ISLAMORADA, FLA. (WSVN) - A group of people fishing off the Florida Keys reeled in a catch for the record books, and they took the pictures to prove it.

The giant catch on March 31 is no fish tale. An Islamorada boat captain and a couple from Cape Coral spent eight hours trying to reel in a mammoth swordfish.

How large? the big fish weighed in at 757.8 pounds.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/757-pound-swordfish-florida-keys

Bossman and mak like this.
  2. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

That right there is one BIG fish, you have to hand it to those guys for staying on top of things and really keeping up with where the fish was at. Hats off to them on a fine catch!

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

If we stood out later that night, instead of coming back in because of the storm, you would have got one like that... never know what your gonna get in salt water.... LOL

Bossman likes this.
  4. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Do you remember how that storm parted around us as we were coming in and lighting was busting down on both sides? We made the last 40 mile trek in with no regrets, and that monster fish lived till the next we go!

5. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

dinner time

6. duffy

duffy Powder Monkey

That's awesome. I love how he shared the love with everyone. He earned every bit of that meat.

7. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

I think most of us on here do as well... I feed between 100 and 150 members when I hold my Mangrove snapper fish fry and shrimp fry... usually twice a year..

8. duffy

duffy Powder Monkey

Also very cool. Would love to get an invite to that.