1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Snap-zilla Giant Offshore Red Snappers 5/6/2014

Discussion in 'Members Fishing and Shrimping Videos' started by Nautical Gator, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Snap-Zilla Offshore Report 5/6/2014 my Personal Best.

Finally had a chance to get offshore and catch some great Snappers...

Caught my personal best Snap-Zilla,
    Had to take out my scale, he topped off my Scale which only goes to 40 Lbs, so he was 40ish, and he was around 35 inches...

Hope you enjoy the footage I was able to capture...

Here is the link to my fishing report

Click on Video to enlarge full screen or see on YouTube.

Here's the report
    http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/f...e-report-5-6-2014-my-personal-best.9/#post-11

mamazoo likes this.
  2. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer

Sam, very nice video. I liked it that you grunted while lifting that beast. It just showed just how big it was. And to think, you release that Snap-zilla to grow. How many Snappers did you end up catching?

bc8267d878fed4e2f5f591a3e4262651c6d95248_r.jpg d3b26e182cfd049df155a6ad7871cb96d06e5557_r.gif

3. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Chris, I actually lost count... I took photos of all of them, missed a few GoPro vid shots...
    It's pretty hard trying to grab the GoPro, put it on your head, then turn it on, when a fish is about to pull the pole out of your hands... Especially for the first minute or two...

The Fish were all large, mainly because I was using large live baits...

I suppose I will get better with the GoPro and my New Sony Camera the more I use them...

If I were to guess I would say I had a dozen on the boat, and about five or so break offs...
    I was using 80 LB Test, and all the break offs were from the fishes teeth chafing the line...

4. keep it reel

keep it reel Lieutenant Commander

Way to go Sam!! Nice fish and pretty good video considering the circumstances. When I get caught up a little I'd like to get out with ya and at least hold the camera. LOL

5. shrimpforbrains

shrimpforbrains Sailing Master

WOW!!!!Cool video Sam, how many laps did they pull you around your boat!!!!

6. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Fishing changes month to month, they are in close now, in mid summer they will be out double the distance on the fathoms... At least the large ones...

The Kings were in thick last time, and were not around this time... I think they are near shore now?

I was listening to some charter captains, and the Dolphin are in 125-150 ft but are not thick.. far and few between... At least that is what they were talking about...

If I had two people I would have videoed with the Sony Camera, and did some underwater video of the Snappers under the water coming up to the boat...

7. Jayde

Jayde Junior Member

That’s inspiring, Sam!

Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many beautiful snappers come in at one time. Thank you for sharing the day.