1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Red Snapper Dates Are 7/9-7/11

Discussion in 'In The News section, Local News and Information' started by Rich M, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Rich M

Rich M Swashbuckler
    Thread Started By

Nautical Gator likes this.
  2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

NOAA Fisheries Announces Limited Openings of Recreational and Commercial Red Snapper Seasons in South Atlantic Federal Waters
    June 04, 2021

FB21-037: South Atlantic Fishery Bulletin; For more information, contact: Mary Vara, Sustainable Fisheries, 727-824-5305, mary.vara@noaa.gov

Bulletin |
    Southeast
    | South Atlantic
    redsnapper.jpg

What/When:

Each year, NOAA Fisheries announces the season opening dates for red snapper in federal waters of the South Atlantic, in addition to the recreational season length. For the 2021 season:

• The recreational sector will open for harvest on the following 3 days:
        • July 9, 10, and 11, 2021 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – The recreational season opens at 12:01 a.m., local time, on July 9, 2021, and closes at 12:01 a.m., local time, on July 12, 2021.
    • The commercial sector will open for harvest at 12:01 a.m., local time, on July 12, 2021, and will close at 12:01 a.m., local time, on January 1, 2022, unless the commercial annual catch limit is met or projected to be met before this date.
      • If the commercial sector closes before 12:01 a.m., local time, on January 1, 2022, NOAA Fisheries will announce it in the Federal Register and publish another Fishery Bulletin.

3. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

That’s just nuts when every report I see anywhere is people catching more Red Snapper than anything else.

4. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

5. Rich M

Rich M Swashbuckler
    Thread Started By

You are right - should be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Tournaments they have about every weekend don't help the ramps either. Canaveral has one on Saturday me thinks. Ruins a perfectly good opportunity to go fishing. It's not so much the congestion or the people, it is the parking. What a PITA the parking is on tournaments and special seasons.

6. duffy

duffy Cabin Boy

Finally. Not looking forward to the ramps. I rented a slip for that weekend but to get your boat in the water will be a nightmare.

7. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Scallywag

Three days to fish for a fish that litters the bottom. I’m all for conservation but this is just ridiculous. Open the the season for two months and let us keep some of our resource.

just my opinion.

mak likes this.
  8. Rich M

Rich M Swashbuckler
    Thread Started By

Good call Duffy.

Steve, they could sell tags. Say $5 each, do the 50,000 fish they want caught and let folks at it year round.

mak likes this.
  9. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer

I will be out there, hope its flat out there considering only 3 days

Rich M likes this.