1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Mosquito Lagoon This Time Of Year?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by GlasstreamGladys, Dec 16, 2020.

1. GlasstreamGladys

GlasstreamGladys Newbie
    Fishing Chatter

Hiya all,

Wondering how the fishing is this time of year down in Mosquito lagoon? Thinking of heading out this weekend. I seem to recall this time last year, fishing with our buddy, the sheepshead and black drum were out in force. Any particular suggested tackle/bait?

Just4Fun likes this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Just4Fun likes this.
  3. Just4Fun

Just4Fun Newbie

Great idea about looking @ last year’s post. Once I’m up to 5 posts, I’ll be able to read ‘em!

And once I can, I’ll be doing so!

4. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

The fish move to deeper water until it warms up from the sun in the morning. You can certainly still catch fish. You may not see them tailin' early in the morning.

5. Rich M

Rich M Scallywag

The fish often go into pockets of deeper water on the flats during cold snaps.

Black drum
    Sheephead
    Pompano
    Trout

Are what I've caught or heard of being caught recently. Guy told me they got 8 or 10 pompano a couple days back.

6. Patrick White

Patrick White Pirate in the making

I know there are plenty of lady fish around

7. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Those are always fun to catch aside from them shitting al over the boat.. Smiley Laughing018::1
    I had some good luck not long ago using them for cut bait.

8. garbageman_ct

garbageman_ct Pirate

I second that. I do like the fact that you don’t have to wake up so early this time of year!

Mboat likes this.
  9. WahooToo

WahooToo Junior Member

Later warm water this time of year let’s you sneak into the spot and catch them when they come out to warm up. I like to drift channels mid morning With tetrieve from shore to deeper water for trout around the spoil islands at this time of year

mak likes this.
  10. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

Good luck fishing out there hear it's good .

11. Lunacakes

Lunacakes Greenhorn

good luck out there. things are seemingly getting much better each day.

12. wantfish

wantfish Pirate

Pompano seem to be starting to run. Caught a few over the weekend.