1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Flounder Virtual Workshop - 2020

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by robthetimekeeper, May 26, 2020.

1. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Sailing Master
    Thread Started By

Flounder Virtual Workshop - 2020

DIANE J SEAMAN and mak like this.
  2. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy

I myself love flounder/fluke fishing.

Regulations a lot tougher up north for these fish (souther flounder). I’m talkin 18-19 inches with a bag limit of three or so.

I think a 14 inch limit is reasonable as there is so little meat on the white side of a 13 inch fish. I also think a slightly reduced bag limit is acceptable. 10 fish per person per day is a lot of fish. But I don’t think cutting it in half is right either.

with that said I’m a believer in the slippery slope theory. And fear in 5 years the regs can get draconian.

either way, I have not targeted flounder since I moved down four years ago but I’m gonna start jiggin for them this spring and summer on the edges of site five. Should be some doormats out there on the edge of the culverts.

pictured is a 10 pounder caught in Montauk

1AF066F6-60AC-485E-A4AF-0498BF56A038.jpeg