1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Beach Cart Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by thegoschman, Apr 1, 2021.

1. thegoschman

thegoschman Pirate in the making
    Fishing Chatter

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!

We're looking for a decent cart that pull's easy through sand. . . .

We've been eye-balling this one because we have a small vehicle and this one appears to fold small enough to fit in the back seat. Sorry to say that 'Big $$$' is NOT an option.

Does anyone have experience with this model??

Thanks, Gordon

upload_2021-4-1_10-30-39.png
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KQH575E/?tag=shrimpflforum-20

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

No experience with that one but the wider and larger the wheels the better. Even the in soft sand anything other than balloon style wheels will want to bog down if there is much weight.

3. WahooToo

WahooToo Junior Member

Agree wider wheels the better and something easy to bang the sand off of when you load up I also avoid swiveling wheels as they bog and jam up

4. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

I drag the same one all over the beach . It sucks in thick soft sand but works.

5. bogman102

bogman102 Petty Officer

I have been looking for a beach cart myself. I still have not found one I am completely happy with and they all start at $200.00! If you look at baloon tires they are $180.00 a pair! WOW!
    Look on Youtube for beach/surf fishing carts for ideas.

6. Rex Russo

Rex Russo Pirate

I've looked from time to time, and by the fall I'll likely need one. I'm sure there are others here interested, so keep us posted. From everything I've read, the big problem is with soft sand. If you don't have good balloon tires, you're going to bog down. I wouldn't (or at least don't want to) pay that kind of money either. There must be an affordable work around out there somewhere.

7. Lunacakes

Lunacakes Greenhorn

big rubber tires are an absolute must. Good luck on your build.

8. Rich M

Rich M Scallywag

I have actually pulled that one thru sand. The wheels didn't always turn.

If you get on hard pack, it goes well, on soft is where the issues were.

It is nice, folds up great, carries all kinds of stuff. Worked good for us. 0220211304b.jpg

9. thegoschman

Fishing Chatter

Thanks for the reply.
    I have a bit of a problem walking on the soft sand all by myself let alone pulling a cart. Whatever I get HAS to be easy on the soft sand. I saw an electric one with the big balloon tires. . . .over $2k. . .I like fishing and I like the beach but . . .

10. thegoschman

Fishing Chatter

Thanks for the response.
    Any issues with it tipping while trying to turn? The front wheel setup looks like it could be unstable depending on the load.

11. thegoschman

Fishing Chatter

I can probably get away with a two wheel setup because all we'll be toting will be chairs, tackle-box, bait bucket, and poles.

This one is doable but the cheapness of the handle is a NO-GO!!

I believe that this is the same cart but redesigned https://www.topmobility.com/folding-beach-cart.htm

12. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Keep in mind that the girl does not come with the cart...

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  13. thegoschman

Fishing Chatter

WHAT?????????????????????????????

14. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I have those balloon tires on my Hobie Kayak cart, they work the best in all types of sand.

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  15. Rich M

Rich M Scallywag

I watched the video. He's not even on soft sand. A regular dolly or red Ryder wagon woulda worked there.

16. wantfish

wantfish Pirate

Agreed the ballon tires are ideal. I had one of the wagon style and after a while I found myself not using it.

17. Doc-Rod

Doc-Rod Newbie

18. thegoschman

Fishing Chatter

Was going to order this one as soon as I got back from vacation....BAM!!! Unavailable!!!! DAMN!!!
    upload_2021-4-18_21-18-54.png

19. Jeepster

Jeepster Carpenter

Can't afford either!

20. thegoschman

Fishing Chatter

Sold some junk on EBAY - used the money to buy a set of these. Going to take a crack at building a 2 wheel cart.
    I have a butt-load of PVC pipe/tubing lying about and found a set(4) of ball bearings in my junk drawer which just happen to be a snug fit in these wheels. My concern at the moment is that the axle may not be stout enough because it will have to be 5/16 to fit in the bearings. I'm not planning on carrying anything of great weight, 4 poles, cloth tackle bag, 2 chairs, and the bait bucket. I would be totally amazed if everything totaled over 30 lbs. Maybe a small cooler for drinks. As I envision it at the moment, I'd be making no physical changes to the wheels themselves. If the setup fails I'll only have to re-do the axle setup.
    I post pics as I go along....
    upload_2021-4-24_22-17-34.png