1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Sebastian Shrimping 2/7/2020

Discussion in 'Shrimping Reports = All Area's of Florida (R)' started by gatorx07, Feb 11, 2020.

1. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate
    Shrimping Report By

Set up in the inlet by 10PM. Stayed until 1AM. Lowtide at about midnight. Cuaght 30, caught my personal best (biggest) shrimp so that was fun. Lots of snakes/eels going out in the tide. I caught one - it looks more like an eel and has a snout like an eel. Anybody ever heard of the Asian swamp ell/rice eel? I think this is what these things are. They are invasive and I read some reports that they can be eaten if big enough. Anybody every try one or seen them while shrimping?

mak likes this.
  2. Dock Commander

Dock Commander Carpenter

It sure if I’ve seen one of those Asian eels but not cool if we have invasive species in our midst that’s for sure. Congrats on the one record shrimp!!! How long was it?