1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Hurricane Nicole

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Rich M, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

The surf sure got ate up. everyone okay?

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Yeah, A1A took hits all up and down the coast. Those sustained east winds sure took me by surprise with what would happen. Never got over a constant 30-35mph here but really did some damage.
    Apparently has trapped the water in the ICW too because even with less than 3” of rain the flooding is worse than Ian last month. Still worried about 3:00am when it gets back to high. I was scrambling this afternoon to get the flood barriers up and sandbags placed. Another 10” in elevation and I would have been looking at water intrusion. Fortunately it looks like it will have dropped enough by low at 9:00 tonight.
    Pics are not the high point but I didn’t have time to stop sand bagging and take any.
    Sure hope our other members aren’t dealing with any serious issues. E8318F87-4269-46A6-B0A9-ADE7402A911A.jpeg AFA509D6-D6B1-4399-9965-2EB92A3091BF.jpeg

3. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

Crazy!

i was wondering why there was so much flooding w 3-4 inches of rain. Forgot that the east wind stops water from eciting the inlets.

4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

hopefully, it stops rising.

5. mak

Did you end up with any problems or damage?
    We lucked up. It’s down a foot under the sea wall down and tide is only half way out. Last night at high (3:00am) I was very surprised to see that it was still going down slowly.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  6. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Nope, I'm good, a few more plants down but that's it.

Rich M and mak like this.
  7. Jeepster

Jeepster Swabbie

So happy we dodged the bullet again. Enough storms already! Let's Go Get Some Fish!!!!!! Tight Lines.

JJ

Rich M, mak and Nautical Gator like this.
  8. michael reinhart

michael reinhart Greenhorn

All good here in Orlando. Looking to get to the coast to fish this weekend

Rich M, Stephen Havel and mak like this.
  9. mak

Good luck. Where are you planning to go?

Rich M likes this.
  10. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Buccaneer

Since CNS is closed until further notice we will head further south to go surf fishing.

Rich M and mak like this.
  11. DIANE J SEAMAN

DIANE J SEAMAN Treasure Hunter

We had no problems at home, but the beaches sure took a beating. I haven't been out to have a look in person yet, but it's amazing how calm it is today (from the surf cam). This pic is very close to where I usually fish in Ormond. If the surfers can get out there, I see no reason why I can't go fishing. I'll give a try in the next couple of days! Glad everyone here came through it ok.
    Screenshot 2022-11-12 103603.png

Rich M, Jeepster and mak like this.
  12. jakeproctor73

jakeproctor73 Blackbeard

Heard it’s chocolate milk offshore over the weekend

13. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

Surprised anyone went out.

they had 15-20 ft seas out there and for sure it churned up the sediments.

14. jakeproctor73

jakeproctor73 Blackbeard

was glass up to 15/20 miles on Saturday

15. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

I bet.

the big waves from the storm churn up the bottom sediments and mess up fishing for weeks after the storm.

add the debris and such. I’m having trouble wanting to fish inshore and dont feel like maybe popping a hole in the hull on some kind of floating or suspended storm debris. Will be going slow and easy for a while.