1. Guest, You can Become a Star Member... did you know that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our forum and become a forum supporter today!... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

You Know Those Hard To Read Older Yamaha Gauges

Discussion in 'Boat Mechanics, Technical Help, etc' started by Srfrdave, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Boatswain
    Thread Started By

Well, my gauges sit in the sun most of the time and they were nearly impossible to read and my original thought was I could try and get new Gauges. Well then I saw how expensive they are to replace. Even on EBay they run 300 plus each. Sooooo, me being a frugal guy, I started to look around and found a guy in Palatka that actually restores them! 50 bucks each. Plus return shipping 10 bucks.

Well you tell me. I thought it was a no brainer.

2018-01-12_02-36-081_1515788953965.jpg

311sarge, Bossman and mkyota1 like this.
  2. mkyota1

mkyota1 Rigger

Looks good. Much better than spending the price of new ones.

3. Greg and Tabitha

Greg and Tabitha Blackbeard

That is a great deal and that guy has a nice business. Does he polish the lens or replace the lens.

4. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Master Gunner

Very nice job! Nice savings

5. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Boatswain
    Thread Started By

Yes he does, apparently it a 7 step process polishing process and he also removes the lcd glass takes the polarized film off and replaces green backlight and all. It’s really a great deal.

Bossman likes this.
  6. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Yeah I'd say that's a no brainer for sure, That's a big savings and looks really good.

7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Blackbeard

Wow that is really a difference. Good job!

8. Joseph Warga

Joseph Warga Cabin Boy

that's a lot of restorative powers there..look good

9. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Swabbie

Really nice work. I always hated those Yammy gauges when I had a Yamaha. Call me old fashioned, but what's wrong with good old analog gauges?

10. Bob C

Bob C Cabin Boy

If you can get that quality of work who needs new

11. 311sarge

311sarge Blackbeard

Looks 100% better. Sure the savings is worth it.