1. Guest, As you may know, we have moved our clubs forum to the latest cloud technology servers with all solid state SSD drives. -- Hope you enjoy the speed of our new SSD servers. (Click here for the details)
Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

When's The Mullet Run???

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers: Gain Angling Knowledge' started by Billy Wails, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Billy Wails

Billy Wails Pirate
    Thread Started By

When does the Mullet Run typically come through this part of Florida's east coast (Volusia/Flagler County)? Where should I be paying attention?

2. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

Silver mullet or roe mullet?

Silvers (bait) usually start through the area in the fall. Roe mullet usually show up in November. Last year they came in around the 20th.

3. Billy Wails

Billy Wails Pirate
    Thread Started By

Oh, I didn't know there was 2 kinds of mullet runs? I guess I'm asking about the bait mullet run? Where the game fish are tearing it up in the surf? How early in the fall? Thanks Bob...

4. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

Usually after the first nor'easter in September or when the water cools down a few degrees. We've had the warmest water temps ever this summer. My theory why the fish aren't hitting as good (except mangos).

5. Barnacle Bob

Barnacle Bob Greenhorn

great questions today

6. Barnacle Bob

Barnacle Bob Greenhorn

great questions today

7. gatorfleas

gatorfleas Junior Member

When does the spring mullet run start?

8. givemeavent

givemeavent Greenhorn

We had a great run in sept around satellite beach. Could catch snook off the beach in knee deep water

9. gatorfleas

gatorfleas Junior Member

What about the spring run start?