1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Weekend Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by clee1985, Sep 6, 2019.

1. clee1985

clee1985 Newbie
    Fishing Chatter

hey guys,
    Very new to this causeway fishing. Is there a normal expectation following tropical weather when fishing in North ORMOND in the back water and Tomoka state park.
    Thanks for any advise. Best baits, best conditions following rising waters, etc.
    Hoping to score some dinner!
    C

2. miller

miller Cabin Boy

I always like live shrimp, i think they are the best for many different styles of fishing. That or fresh dead or frozen shrimp, or live bait fish. I like to fish the bottom or the surface at causeways. My go to is a live bait on a small circle or "offset baitholder" hooks that are smaller. I run about a 4-5ft leader to a swivel with the lead on the main line. I use the smallest lead i can to keep it on the bottom. Ive also had luck with the berkley gulp shrimp on jig heads too! Flounder love those at bridges it seems. I've caught big fish on some small hooks. Definitely use a little heavier tackle so you dont get broken off on the structure, as you're going to want to be fishing the structure and be able to pull the fish away on hook ups. I have caught red fish, mangrove snappers, jacks, and a tarpon at bridges but i know snook are commonly found too. You can trying bouncing a buck tail jig off the bottom for them or even a flounder.

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  3. clee1985

clee1985 Newbie
    Fishing Chatter

Thank you for the help. So the bridges being high bridge and granda

4. clee1985

clee1985 Newbie
    Fishing Chatter

Pretty good day at least enjoyable. A couple of reds and a mess of catfish.

5D81F638-5503-407A-A2BA-AC9EC89EED7E.jpeg

Rich M and Shrimp Gritter like this.
  5. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Treasure Hunter

Looks like a fun weekend!

6. William OBrien

William OBrien Treasure Hunter

Those catfish can drive you nuts sometimes. I have used the GULP shrimp with great success stinky little buggers.

7. flrockytop

flrockytop Junior Member

Evert thing eat shrimp. Cant go wrong.

8. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Good job. Sure beats getting skunked.

9. flrockytop

flrockytop Junior Member

yes better than nothing