1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Weed Lines - New Topic

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Srfrdave, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate
    Fishing Chatter

I figure I would throw this out there.

I am wondering if we can get reports from members on where the weeds are. Maybe your location(out of Ponce) or (out of Sebastian), and how deep / far out you are. If you all dont like the idea, then I’m ok with that but, rather than driving aimlessly in 120- 350ft of water, maybe someone has seen good weed lines in 250 and can throw that info out there. I know they move constantly but If I’m going fishing tomorrow and someone fished yesterday and saw weeds, they may be able to help other fishermen/women. Isn’t that what this club is for.

Thanks everyone.

Tarpun likes this.
  2. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer

Be nice if we could get folks to just report when they go and what they caught - inshore or offshore.

Offshore - I'd rather just know the depth where they got fish trolling.

It could be rip, color break, temp break, weeds, or even bottom structure. Then there is the legendary pallet - and I've found 2 over the years. One had tons of 6-8-10 pound mahi on it, other one was predawn and no bites under it.

If you want Mahi - you best get out there - the bigger fish are usually done and gone by Easter.

Tarpun and Srfrdave like this.
  3. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

looks for diving birds besides looking for weed, down south that's the first thing to look for or any rips

4. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate
    Fishing Chatter

Yes thanks, we have the Garmin Bird finding radar ad a 48mile range.

5. Tarpun

Tarpun Pirate

Just the depth and North, South or straight off gives you a place to start. Empty homemade refugee rafts are usually loaded up with fish.

6. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate
    Fishing Chatter

Let me know if you see any. Please

7. Tarpun

Tarpun Pirate

Just saw an article in the News Journal about a lot FAD s being carried North by the Gulfstream from central american commercial fisherman. Some have nests hanging below. Apparently alot are being seen in the Palm Beach are. Heads up.

Srfrdave likes this.