1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Tips/advice Flounder Gigging Swoop Ramp?

Discussion in 'Gigging Reports = Flounder - Sheepshead - Frog (R)' started by Patty Wagon, Sep 13, 2016.

1. keep it reel

keep it reel Lieutenant Commander

Looking good. Looks like you got plenty of sound information to get you going. Let us know how you do.

2. Earlybird

Earlybird Cabin Boy

Thanks for the info..

3. Earlybird

Earlybird Cabin Boy

Jerry is going to make the setup I wanted...Haven't been gigging here, but have about 25 yrs gigging in NC...

4. imostlycatch

imostlycatch Pirate

GAWD!!! That boat is ALMOST illegal!!! Bet you can see every flattie for 'bout a mile!!!

5. Bubba Creech

Bubba Creech Treasure Hunter

Great information and really Like the lights information, Thanks.

6. Patty Wagon

Patty Wagon Treasure Hunter
    Fishing Report By

Finally got the trailer put together and made our 1st trip Friday night.
    I have 4 teenage kids and everyone was excited about going until the final hour when I hooked up the trailer at 11PM.
    They all opted to stay home and gaze into their video screens...
    But "The Wife" stepped up to support my latest obsession. We got to Swoop ramp about 12AM. Headed east to the other side of the channel and
    spent the next few hours under the stars and moonlight. She poked 3 flounder! and enjoyed every minute of it!
    Lights and boat worked great. Looking forward to cooler weather and clearer water!
    Not a great report, but a report just the same...

Lenny

gilman likes this.
  7. nat55611

nat55611 Cabin Boy

OK now I have to go gigging Friday night lol

8. Reel Addict

Reel Addict Treasure Hunter

No fish but still a good report. Makes me want to go.

9. Patty Wagon

Patty Wagon Treasure Hunter
    Fishing Report By

Well after 3 trips, lets just say that the cooler is not overflowing with flatties! Good thing this is just a hobby and I'm not depending on the haul
    to feed the family. The boat and lights are great! I've been in, around, through, and circled disappearing island on the incoming tides and have not
    found the mother load. I can spot 'em and tickle all the little ones I see. But only come home with 1 to 3 keepers. Sometimes none.
    Lots of life and activity after dark. The ICW from the lighthouse to N Causeway is teaming with life. Water clarity is decent in 2ft of water or less.
    But we are just not seeing any significant numbers of flounders.
    I have heard that the 1st cold snap will make a big difference. Until then I will keep trolling the shallows looking for the elusive flounder...

10. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

I've been waiting 72 years for the cold snap flounder run! My biggest catch of flounder was in May! I just talked to a friend who works in a wholesale fish market. The few flounder that the commercial guys are bringing in do not have any roe. The flounder migrate from the river to offshore to spawn. Supposedly that occurs in the cold weather. Let's hope that happens!

11. gilman

gilman Matey

With all due respect. I seen no reports in the gigging section. Please post reports. The main reason I have provide most of the gigging information possible. Is so I can read reports because I can't gig right now. We are a club not facebook Please post all adventures good or bad

Alps likes this.
  12. Saltfisher

Saltfisher Master Gunner

Great reports and info guys! Thanks!

Buckshot20 likes this.
  13. John Johnson

John Johnson Treasure Hunter

Great job on the lights!

14. Alps

Alps Swashbuckler

Gils...As seems to be the norm, we can count on your solid, comprehensive info and insights on a particular specie or endeavor, and your generosity to share them with all the novices. I don't gig, but it sure seems like it would be a neat little rush. Were I so inclined, you just saved me from spinning my wheels.

Those of us who benefit (count me as one of them) - with specific or even just 'great-to-know' enlightenment - should be more than happy to 'give something back' to the community here.
    [nodding] That's the idea, isn't it?

Thanks for your efforts here!

paleoman, John Johnson and gilman like this.
  15. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Thanks for sharing gigging information. This is on my bucket list.

16. Reel Addict

Reel Addict Treasure Hunter

Great information. I hope to try it some day. Thanks for sharing

17. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

Great info.,,,going to try it on my KAYAK....