1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Tip For Older Suzuki Outboard Parts

Discussion in 'Boat Mechanics, Technical Help, etc' started by Tanglefoot, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Tanglefoot

Tanglefoot Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

I have a 1994 Suzuki DT85 outboard on my Angler 170. I couldn't help but notice that the 90hp Yamaha motor of the same vintage looked just like my Suzuki. Sure enough, investigation proved that at least way back then, you know in the old Two-Stroke days, that they are the same engine. Parts interchange is extensive. So, if you have either a vintage Suzy or Yammer, and need parts, you might check both makes to see if that rare part you're looking for can be purchased from a supplier of the other brand. One example was the throttle position sensor that controls the ignition timing on my Suzuki that went bad. I found one for a Yammer and it was the exact same part. Worked perfectly.

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Interesting. Didn’t know they ever had a partnership like that.