1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Tidal Influence On Fishing

Discussion in 'Club Learning, Instructional Video's' started by Filocipher, May 17, 2020.

1. Filocipher

Filocipher Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

Been fishing lower Mosquito river and IRL for years. Lately with exploration I have really enjoyed exploring and fishing closer to the NSB areas. Not used to having any tidal influence and of course tides will affect the fishing.

Those of you that have fish this area for years, what have you found is more productive in your opinion?
    Do you prefer to fish on a ebbing tide or on the filling tide?

Screenshot from GOPR0685.MP4.png

2. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Mate

You might hear many different opinions on this. Many say, as long as the tide is moving the fishing can be good. I’m barely a mediocre fisherman at best, but I usually try to tuck back as far into backwaters as I can go on the incoming tide, set my position, and let them come in towards me. For outgoing tides, I will look for flow points closer to spill outs into main waterways where there is some kind of calm pocket next to it and drift baits through the ambush zone or along mangrove edges with some deeper holes along the edge. Good luck.

mak likes this.
  3. Filocipher

Filocipher Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

Make senses. Thank you

4. hevad

hevad Treasure Hunter

I have spots that are good on one tide, others that are better on a different tide. Like Saltgasm said, I generally look calm water, eddys, near a good flow. Have found that the hour on either side of a high or low can be productive - especially on days with strong tides.

5. dKspunja

dKspunja Greenhorn

Both tides are good! As stated it all depends on your location. Ive has good luck fishing the bridges and inlet during outgoing.