1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

This Unsinkable Boat Could Save So Many Lives

Discussion in 'Club Learning, Instructional Video's' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

This unsinkable boat could save so many lives

upload_2017-10-24_8-1-17.jpeg

Thunder Child capsize test

Thunder Child's' sea trials in storm force conditions.

Here's a cool video of 'Thunder Child' undergoing rough weather trials in the recent storms. We managed to get some really great footage of her in 50kt winds and 6m waves, during which she handled fabulously. Happy to say her Caterpillar engines have run faultlessly since launch, essential in these extreme conditions.

Got to love this Fire Power (look out pirates and drug runners)

upload_2017-10-24_8-6-55.png

See All Videos Here
    https://www.youtube.com/user/frankwildcat/videos

mkyota1 likes this.
  2. Cool as hell!! I seem to remember a tv show in the 80’s with a very similar boat. Only then it was science fiction

3. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

I have no business being in water like that it would be to hard to fish.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

I've been on the water enough to know that a day of calm seas can turn on a dime, and you will be fighting 8 plus ft seas on your way back in, in a matter of minutes. Been there done that!!!

Bossman likes this.
  5. Don pollosco

Don pollosco Pirate in the making

those beautiful red snappers. If I could just see one live. Our trip down the icw will be postponed again for another yearyear. Last fall meds were not correct. This year more tests are needed.
    Wow.... everything is ready. Impellers changed, zinks, hoses, inverter, etc. all in place. But me and my mate will have to wait another year. Bought a brand new JBL speargun too!
    May sound like I'm crying, sorry. Show those pics please, keeps me dreaming. :)

6. Joseph Warga

Joseph Warga Cabin Boy

nice machine... out of my payscale :(

7. JDP

JDP Pirate

I don't see any rod holders on it.

8. lower matecumbe

lower matecumbe Junior Member

That is such a cool video