1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Teenage Boy Is Impaled By A Needlefish That Jumped Out Of The Water And Stabbed Him In The Neck - Pi

Discussion in 'In The News section, Local News and Information' started by Nautical Gator, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Teenage boy is IMPALED by a needlefish that jumped out of the water and stabbed him in the neck - piercing through the back of his SKULL

An Indonesian boy has required lifesaving surgery after being impaled in the neck by a flying needlefish.

Muhammad Idul was fishing with his parents in Buton waters off the South East Sulawesi province on Saturday when a needlefish jumped out of the water.

The fish's long slender snout sliced straight through the 16-year-old's neck and pierced the back of his skull.

The student was rushed to hospital for treatment, before undergoing risky surgery to remove the fish from his neck two days later.

upload_2020-1-22_10-28-22.png

upload_2020-1-22_10-27-49.png

upload_2020-1-22_10-29-35.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...XqUMU0YZMUcZsC6bKi6p3RVHzGBTSbUyGdntyVxpOB138

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Holy crap! :eek: And I worry about catching a hook where it’s not supposed to go...

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. duffy

duffy Treasure Hunter

OMG! Thank the Lord he lived through that. That's crazy.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  4. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Swabbie

That is crazy!!!
    That’s one way to get an omega 3 injection

5. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Mate

I hate it when that happens.

6. Lynnae

Lynnae Rigger

Oh my goodness! Makes me cringe to think of the possibility of infection from that!