1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Surf Fishing Fanatic - Ormond/daytona

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by DIANE J SEAMAN, May 5, 2020.

1. DIANE J SEAMAN

DIANE J SEAMAN Junior Member
    Member Introduction

Hello all,
    I fish the surf almost every day and look forward to exploring this forum and learning from everyone here.
    Today's catch was pompano and whiting, as has been the case for several weeks. I've also had some blues (when using shrimp or cut bait instead of sand fleas) and yesterday had some ladyfish for the first time this year.
    I fish the river (Halifax) from time to time too, but really have no idea what I'm doing there.
    Thanks for accepting me as a member!

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Diane. Several surf fishermen here on the site. What beach/area do you usually fish?
    Will be looking forward to reading your reports and learning from someone fishing that often. Sounds like a rough life :p
    Maintain a post count of at leas five per month to gain access to all the private forums and report areas.
    See below for tips and site rules.
    WecometoShrimpNFishFlorida1;;
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•` WELCOME ABOARD MATEY>«(((º> >«(((º> >«(((º> >«(((º>

Welcome aboard, get ready for a great experience in our Club’s Forum. We’re not just an online Forum, we’re a club with great knowledge and are only too pleased to share it with you.

Glad you joined our Club and Forum. Hope you make it your home. We look forward to all your posts, comments, reports, feedback and more…

We are an exclusive group of anglers, we are the few, the proud, the elite. called the “A-Team” - a network of anglers™… Membership is a privilege, although we give everyone the same opportunity to join. Then it is up to you to become an active participating group member…

Note: Membership is a Privilege not a right, We granted you Permission To Come Aboard! Just make sure you participate in our forum’s discussions, so we don't have you walking the plank! ;)

Feel free to ask any of us questions you may have. Hopefully we all can answer them by sharing our knowledge and experiences plus learn from each other...

At ShrimpNFishFlorida™ We're all part of the same TEAM, we’re all anglers that either Shrimp or Fish. We enjoy coming back and telling everyone about our Fishing or Shrimping adventure, by posting pics of our catches, along with the story of our angling adventure. By being part of our “Anglers-Team” “network of anglers™, you'll gain knowledge of what is running, all year round…

Our forum is like having A FREE Online Fishing AND Shrimping Magazine delivered to your door with live daily Fishing and Shrimping Reports!

(Now that you made your first post to introduce yourself we will give you full access)

Hope you make some new friends and fishing buddies…

Here you will find some great knowledge, and receive knowledge when asked!
    There is a lot to discover here, so it will take you a little exploring to find everything…

Like a pirate it may take you days to discover it all.. But worth it as there is a wealth of valuable information aboard our Clubs Ship...

Your first step to becoming an active participating Club Member should be to "go directly to the Fishing or Shrimping Reports sections" and make some posts "congratulating" those who have posted Fishing or Shrimping Reports. Then when you start catching and posting your reports, your fellow club members will also be congratulating you.

PLEASE NOTE: That Membership is a privilege, we give all new members 30 Days to show us that you are serious and going to be a good "Participating Member", if we do not see you posting, your membership will be deactivated, and you will not be able to continue to read reports.

There are a few things you should do right away:
    1. Edit your profile to include an avatar or photo.
    2. Membership is a Privileged not a right, Please Read minimum post requirements
    3. Don't forget to read the forum rules
    4. Learn how you can Become An Active Club Member
    5. Learn about our forum features along with Instructions of some cool stuff that you should check out.
    6. Show off your boat here:
    7. Please sign our Clubs Guest Book.
    Other stuff you should check out:
    Last but not least, learn About Shrimpnfishflorida™ And Our Anglers Forum

Thanks for becoming part of our ShrimpNFishFlorida™ Network of Anglers™ >«(((º> >«(((º> >«(((º>

We wish you all the best.
    Tight lines and Full pulls to you.

Chat with ya soon.

Posted by:

Mark "aka" MAK

Moderator on Deck

3. DIANE J SEAMAN

Member Introduction

Thanks! I fish as far north as High Bridge and as far south as Ponce, but am usually within a 5-6 mile stretch in Ormond-by-the Sea.

4. mak

You are just south of me. We’ve been here just over two years and I’ve yet to get out and try the surf fishing. I’ve got to get out and try for some Pompano this year.

5. DIANE J SEAMAN

Member Introduction

Now's a great time to give it a try if you like pompano. I catch some every day, all of good size right now. Sand fleas are plentiful now in most places and you're almost guaranteed to catch them with a simple pompano rig and some fleas. Go for it!

6. DIANE J SEAMAN

Member Introduction

My Snapper from last season (July).

20190720_210155.jpg

7. DIANE J SEAMAN

Member Introduction

This was a fun catch. I had a small whiting on a 2 hook pompano rig. I was reeling it in when a bluefish hit the 2nd hook. While reeling those two in, a flounder grabbed the whiting and I ended up with the blue and the flounder with half the whiting sticking out of his mouth :p

20191204_133127.jpg

8. mak

I love it! Thumbsup1:::1 That had to be a nice sized flounder to grab a whiting on the way in.

DIANE J SEAMAN likes this.
  9. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Boatswain

Good to have you on the forum. It sounds like you have been doing great surf fishing. You must have easy access to a beach as the parking at the beaches has been closed until recently. Nice flounder catch.

10. DIANE J SEAMAN

Member Introduction

Thank you!
    I often have to park some distance from the beach. I have a surf cart and I just load it up and pull it to the nearest access I can find.
    This was my first cart. I'm on #3 now (in a year and a half). I find an access, then look for parking somewhere close. The hard part is hauling the cart back up the bank or stairs when the coolers are full of fish!

20190907_134608.jpg

11. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Boatswain

I think you are very resourceful but I would be careful where you park. We fish farther south in NSB/CNS and you could get a ticket or worse here.

12. Shrimp Gritter

Shrimp Gritter Seaman apprentice

Welcome. Good pics and posts.

13. mak

Having trouble because the cooler is too full of fish is a problem we would all like to have.Fishing1::1

14. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Swabbie

What he said about the full cooler:). ^^^

15. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Welcome to the club Diane, From the way it sounds you're gonna have a lot of reports for us to read. We're looking forward to seeing them and sharing ours with you.
    WelcomeAboard97;;

16. Dock Commander

Dock Commander Carpenter

Greetings and welcome to the forum! Love the posts above. The whiting/blue/flounder catch is awesome!!

17. hevad

hevad Treasure Hunter

Welcome to the site. You're off to a great start with reports - looking forward to future ones.

18. Volleybum

Volleybum Treasure Hunter

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading about your adventures on the beach!