1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Stone Crabs! 11/10/19 Report

Discussion in 'Scalloping, Lobstering, Crabbing, Claiming' started by gatorx07, Nov 14, 2019.

1. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate
    Thread Started By

I hear you can do pretty well down here between Sebastian and Fort Pierce. Never tried but see lots of buoys when I am on the river

2. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

Last week I harvested 9 claws. Heading out today to check them again.

3. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

I read that pigs feet seem to be the preferred bait. Does it matter if they are smoked?

4. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate
    Thread Started By

Smoked or pickled - I do not know. I use raw "trotters"

5. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

Smoked netted 4 claws in 5 traps this past weekend. Was able to secure some raw full feet with part of the leg fro a Mexican grocery, see what that brings. There doesn't't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what traps have crabs and what traps don't.

6. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate
    Thread Started By

If you have difficulty finding pigs feet, I buy them from Publix. Just ask the meat department. I usually buy them in 5 lbs packages. I just put my traps (10) back out last week in Aripeka - used mullet heads, shrimp heads, remnants of 2 filleted flounder, and raw pigs feet. Going back to pick them up in 3 weeks. Keep it up! Good luck!

7. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

got 10 claws today! One was massive!!

8. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Glad to hear it! Did you happen to get any pics of the big one?