1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Stick Marsh / Fellsmere Bike Fishing Challenge

Discussion in 'Members Fishing and Shrimping Videos' started by Florida Fish Hunter, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Florida Fish Hunter

Florida Fish Hunter Blackbeard
    Thread Started By

I had heard about the Stick Marsh and Fellsmere Reservoir early last year and was always interested in going there to check it out. I researched the area using google maps and viewed the area that I would want to fish on, the Fellsmere side, which was only accessible via the levee separating Stick Marsh from Fellsmere by land. The levee leading to that area is a non-motorized access only road which makes the bike the only viable option to get there by land. When I proposed the idea of accomplishing this 10 mile round trip on my bike to the family they did not think I could do it or let alone make it to the area that I selected to go to and so that's where the challenge comes in. I was now determined to prove the family wrong! The only part I did not expect was the unforeseen 30 to 40 mph winds that came through the day the challenge took place. I felt more like a parachute against the wind than anything else. It wasn't easy but I met the challenge and won!

2. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Wow, what a video. I have fished that exact culvert at the end of the road, many, many years ago when the area was first opened up. Tore up the crappie on a rainy day.
    Anyway, fantastic vid. Congrats.

Florida Fish Hunter likes this.
  3. Goggle Eye

Goggle Eye Seaman Recruit

Nice vid FFH. I'm winded just riding along with you.