1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Fishing Docks - Piers Spruce Creek Park Fishing Pier, Port Orange, Fl

Discussion in 'Fishing Piers and Docks with Interactive Maps' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

2. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Sleepy Hollow is just south of the three Spruce Creek bridges on US-1. Before US-1 was four laned in 1961 there was a large truck stop and wooden bridge on the old road. They straightened the road and put the truck stop out of business. There's a large culvert under US-1 and on the east side is a county park now called Doris Leeper Spruce Creek Preserve. Where I fish is mostly 2' - 3' deep at low tide. It's a mud hole! That area used to be my fav flattie spot but the last few months I've only caught a few.

paleoman likes this.
  3. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

Excellent post and information. I was wondering where it was when I kept seeing posts from there. :good post:

4. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Bob fishes by the sign

5. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Great info!

6. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

Spruce Creek Park is on the West side of US-1 about one mile north of Sleepy Hollow. It's a gated county owned park. Good fishing and crabbing from the pier BUT the wonderful non-fishermen who planned and built the pier built it about 15 feet from the water! It's higher than the flat bridge! There's another park (part of the Doris Leeper Spruce Creek Preserve) directly across the street from Spruce Creek Park. It's a long walk to the water and not not much fishing areas. Really wet and muddy! Lots of bugs too.

7. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

I will be Kayaking the three bridges soon

8. Indio

Indio Blackbeard

Is there any gator there, and safe to fish along the banks.....:p:D'''''

9. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

In Florida you always need to look around

10. William OBrien

William OBrien Cabin Boy

I fish all of spruce creek, I live in the fly in. the only time I do well is east of US1. the rest is brackish.