1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Speeding Boat Accident

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by robthetimekeeper, Feb 6, 2017.

1. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Seaworthy
    Thread Started By

Apparently, the hydraulic steering failed.

2. Muggin Mullet

Muggin Mullet Treasure Hunter

Each time I see a video like this I tell myself I will start wearing my kill switch. That prop was heading straight towards them.

Amazing how none of them other boats stopped . . . . . or even slowed down smfh

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  3. robthetimekeeper

Thread Started By

Kill switch and auto-inflating PFDs saved these guys. Could've been much worse.

Shrimp Gritter and Muggin Mullet like this.
  4. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Buccaneer

All the boats that passed them should have been sanctioned by the tournament. If they have captains licenses they should be disciplined! How do you fly by two guys in the water and not stop!

Muggin Mullet likes this.
  5. 311sarge

311sarge Master Gunner

If that doesn't make you want to run out and get a auto inflation life jacket I don't know what would.

mkyota1 likes this.
  6. frank jowers

frank jowers Pirate

Extremely lucky guys, could have been alot worse than it was, a real eye opener on wearing a P.F.D. and the kill switch.

7. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

60 - 70 mph on the water is always risky. There is nothing for the passenger to hold onto. My A$$ always puckers the few times I have found myself in one of these rockets.
    I seen a canoe swamped and boats just turn to avoid them and keep going. Didn't even slow down. They wouldn't even slow down while we fished them aboard and towed their canoe ashore.
    I had a guy tell me if you cannot handle my wake you don't belong out there. So you believe this gives you the right to risk a life because you own a big boat? J walkers are not in a legal cross walk, so are they fair game to run down?

8. robthetimekeeper

Thread Started By

At about 2:30 you can see their vests inflate in slow motion. Imagine if they had been knocked unconscious.