1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimpnfish Member's 2016 February Totals

Discussion in 'Shrimping Calendar, and Member Stats' started by Love2Fish, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer
    Thread Started By

Another month and another slow shrimping season start. Shrimping was slow part due to weather and part what I believe has been the bad water conditions due to the algae bloom. Many reported the water being murky. Even in fishing reports, I read the same description. Shrimper Ken Miller was our leader for the month of February with a total of 5 quarts caught. Congratulations! He was the lone shrimper to catch quarts/gallons. The remainder of the shrimps caught as high as double digit counts.

This was the first time that I include the areas shrimp was caught. We had five different areas shrimped last month. Oak hill also include a couple pier shrimping verses boat shrimping. Way to go shrimpers!

February shrimp reports.jpg
    As you see below, water temperature was better this month. January, water temperature stayed below 65 degrees for most of the month. February was better for a few days. Last year, shrimping didn't pick up until after the water reached 65 degrees or better. We will see what March holds...

Haulover Feb water temp.jpg

Bubba Creech likes this.
  2. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

Wow Chris very nice! Appreciate your efforts.

3. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

AS usual, Great Job - Chris! Too bad the shrimp didn't co-operate!

4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I caught so much shrimp last month that they did not fit on the score board, than I woke up LOL

Great Job Chris.

Love2Fish likes this.
  5. Dock Commander

Dock Commander Carpenter

I'm with Nautical Gator. I keep waking up with a 5 gallon bucket full!

Sandra Pillows likes this.