1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimping Tides

Discussion in 'Tide Conversion Charts' started by Troy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Troy

Troy Pirate
    Thread Started By

I know it’s often said on here that high tide at oak hill is low tide at Ponce. Why is it that when I look up the tides for oak hill it’s 1-2 hours off the high tide at Ponce. For example I was thinking about going out Friday. It says low tide is 6:09 pm at the inlet and it says on the same website low tide at oak hill is 6:32. Trying to figure out why that is.

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

they are right here
    https://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/...-this-is-for-ponce-inlet-halifax-river.12896/

3. Troy

Troy Pirate
    Thread Started By

Thanks I have looked at all that I guess my question is why does it say oak hills high tide is 40 minutes after Ponce everywhere I look. But if I follow your chart I’m roughly 5 hours off. Don’t get why they are so far off and when to go out this weekend.

4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

just add the below HRS to ponce inlet tide.
    Oak Hill ADD - 6 hours to inlet time
    Lopez ADD - 7 hours to inlet time

mak likes this.
  5. Jeepster

Jeepster Boatswain

Thanks Sam. Just wish the shrimp would figure this out the nights I get my kitchen pass!