1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimping Season In November

Discussion in 'Shrimping Chatter = Anything To Do With Shrimping' started by Srfrdave, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Matey
    Thread Started By

Has anyone had any luck in November? I recall somebody post last year,maybe, about Thanksgiving night I think. I'm getting th itch bigtime.

Karl B likes this.
  2. mkyota1

mkyota1 First Mate

Looking back on some previous reports it looks like last year started really late around the end of February. The year prior it looks like it started in November.

Srfrdave likes this.
  3. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Years ago I would always go ThanksGiving weekend. Had many full pulls. Gotta go to know.

4. Karl B

Karl B Rigger

Will be looking for lights on the water. Still pretty warm, and I think it is just too warm for them to move with any numbers. Heard reports of some flounder having large shrimp in their gut in the Edgewater area. Nice to see I am not alone in the excitement of this next shrimping season. I think my brother and I will take a bait tank out to see if we can get some to fish with.

5. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Matey
    Thread Started By

Yeah man I’m stoked! I got another boat even. LOL

Karl B likes this.
  6. Fishfinder

Fishfinder Blackbeard

cant wait to hear it goes. good luck

7. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

Would be nice to have a little longer season. Hope its before the end of Feb this year.

Karl B likes this.
  8. ace250xr84

ace250xr84 Newbie

have yall ever had any reports from Northwest florida cause I am wanting to give this shrimping thing a try

9. Karl B

Karl B Rigger

Just a follow up on my previous comment. My brother went down to River Breeze Sunday night an threw in a light and watched the outgoing tide for about 1 hour. Tide was moving pretty good, and some small clumps of grass came through occasionally. No shrimp appeared and the water was 78 degrees. We just have to wait.

mkyota1 and Srfrdave like this.
  10. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Matey

Nice early intel, thanks for sharing. I remember bring home a couples meals worth in October years ago. Sometimes they just decide to show.

Karl B likes this.
  11. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Matey
    Thread Started By

Yeah Karl, thanks and tell your brother also.

Karl B likes this.
  12. Karl B

Karl B Rigger

My brother went to River Breeze last night, 11/25, and threw in a light at the dock on the outgoing tide to see if anything moving. One little shrimp showed up, and some mullet went through. There were six trailers in the lot, and a game warden was down checking boat tags at the ramp. She also gave a safety check of the boat launching. The water temp was 72 degrees at the ramp. No boats came in while he was there. There was some chatter at the flea market of people dipping off docks near there and getting some shrimp, no size or quantity could be verified.

mkyota1 likes this.
  13. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Matey
    Thread Started By

Great work Karl on the intel. Thanks a bunch

Karl B likes this.
  14. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Thanks much for the intel.

Karl B likes this.
  15. bandlwas

bandlwas Pirate

Was visiting a friend in Edgewater last week and talked to a group at the ramp they has limited out in just over and hour. Big full moon out and they were moving.

16. learjet3

learjet3 Pirate

It would be great if the shrimp started running soon!

17. mrwetwork

mrwetwork Pirate

Winter shrimping sounds more complex and requires more gear than summer shrimping.

18. alex23

alex23 Pirate

It seems a lot easier to just go down to the supermarket and get a couple of dozen lol

19. Myrt

Myrt Pirate

I can't wait to go !!!!

20. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

Thanks for that update Karl.

Karl B likes this.