1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimping At Green Cove (shand Pier) 7-24-20

Discussion in 'Shrimping Chatter = Anything To Do With Shrimping' started by Ed Greenwell, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Ed Greenwell

Ed Greenwell Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

Hi All,

My brother and I went shrimping just off the Shands Pier at Green Cove on Friday, we got about 3 and 3/4 gallons of shrimp. We didn't wander too far afield because of engine troubles so we stayed close in. We were getting the shrimp in the shallower water, even then it was kind of patchy, the shrimp were small about 3 inches and a few larger. We are going to wait a few weeks and then go to Palatka and try it there. Good luck to all.

Ed

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Glad you found a few. Good luck filling up on your next try.

3. Matt Baldridge

Matt Baldridge Able Bodied Sailor

Thanks for the report, I have been interested in trying that area.

4. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Be sure to try the power lines north of the bridge when you go.

Matt Baldridge likes this.
  5. Ed Greenwell

Ed Greenwell Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

The power lines are usually our first stop, we've gotten a lot of shrimp there! After we shrimp there for a while we hit the condo's.

6. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate

3 and 3/4 gal is a great haul. Thanks for the report. Hope to get up there soon!

7. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

Thanks for the report. Next time