1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimp Traps... Legal??

Discussion in 'Shrimping Chatter = Anything To Do With Shrimping' started by Geo, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Geo

Geo Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

If I'm planning to spend a couple of hours shrimping from a dock or bridge are these traps legal??

81tRvt1AsLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

2. Volleybum

Volleybum Cabin Boy

I don't know, but I would check FWC Website for rules. Here is the link to the Shrimp starting point: https://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/shrimp/
    If your area is anything like my area, you could always just as an FWC officer if you see one. The ones by me are great and very helpful.

3. Roadhammer

Roadhammer Cabin Boy

I have found FWC Officers to be very helpful if asking questions, both fishing and hunting.

4. Patrick White

Patrick White Pirate in the making

I was wondering the same thing as ive seen those and ones that look like crab traps

5. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

Dont think those are legal. We use box traps made with 1/2 inch square construction wire along sea walls down in Melbourne

6. flrockytop

flrockytop Pirate

It sure is pretty though.