1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimp Light Deployment At The Titusville Rrb

Discussion in 'Shrimping Clinics - Learn How to Shrimp' started by Jeepster, Dec 14, 2015.

1. shrimpforbrains

shrimpforbrains Sailing Master

Choke points is generally what your looking for, that's what makes the Oak Hill area a good spot because
    it's the narrowest section of the river and it squeezes the shrimp in to a tighter stream. The RRB in Titusville
    is actually the rail line that goes out to Cape Canaveral it is only used when a delivery is being made to the
    Cape that can't be delivered by truck, the lagoon there is actually quite wide but the shrimp are kinda landlocked
    and they get big 7 to 8 inchers are common and on a good night as slammingjack said in a previous post they come
    at you from all directions, makes for interesting dipping:D

2. Wilbur1

Wilbur1 Greenhorn

Can't wait to bring the pontoon out to the rrb. Is it better on the north or south side of the bridge and does it matter which way the water is moving?

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

no current, it is wind driven. west side.

4. Wilbur1

Wilbur1 Greenhorn

Thanks. So probably the down wind side?

5. diverdown7

diverdown7 Greenhorn

Thanks for the info. I need to try this area soon

6. Rondo

Rondo Junior Member

Hi guys I've never done any shrimping but I'm eager to learn. If I'm correct shrimping is done at night but the summer white shrimp are caught in the daytime is this correct?? Thanks for any help