1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Sharing A Strage Problem Yamaha 115

Discussion in 'Boat Mechanics, Technical Help, etc' started by WestCoastSteve, Mar 11, 2019.

1. WestCoastSteve

WestCoastSteve Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

1st condition: ( used boat, new to me). At purchase I put in shop before delivery. Carbs rebuilt, lower unit serviced and new water pump...... Ran great for 1 minute, then it would lose power , idle for 2 minutes and run perfect....
    To shorten the story, I eliminated fuel, it was definitely ignition limiting RPMS. After much research,,,, it was running hot and no alarms. SO,,, I pulled thermostats, broke bolt, finally pulled cylinder heads (another broken bolt in block and HEAVY CORROSION) .... I drilled and rethreaded replaced the heads and all new bolts.
    2nd: Motor would NOT START after top rebuild.... CallednYamaha mechanic, when cranking it sounded like it was out of time.
    When I removed wiring it had “memory” it laid right back where it came from, HOWEVER the CDI connectors are color coded and reversed. Swapped connectors and running perfect again.

scasios76, mkyota1 and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

nice trouble shooting Thumbsup1:::1

3. mkyota1

mkyota1 Swashbuckler

I had to remove the heads on my 99 130 yamaha. Lots of corrosion causing an overheat condition/limp mide you are describing.

My block actually corroded through in a few spots shortly after. I had to find a good block and swap everything over. Glad to hear you got it straightened out!