1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Sealed Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Boat Supply, Boat Parts, Boat Information etc…' started by Rich M, May 14, 2018.

1. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer
    Thread Started By

I have one (1) 30-degree sealed stainless rod holder and need another one - anyone got one hanging around they aren't using? Or maybe know where I can get a new one or maybe have one sealed off wihtout breaking the bank?

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

when you say sealed, do you mean with a flip cap?

upload_2018-5-14_21-41-21.png

3. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer
    Thread Started By

Thanks, Sam.

No - bottom sealed. Dad pulled one out of the shed and it would go good on the back of the boat - I don't want to risk having any water get in and soak into the foam over time. 2 would be better than 1.

4. Nautical Gator

That is called a Rod Holder Base Drain Cap, I have some on my Boats. I have clear tubing on all mine. You can put them on any rod holder.

upload_2018-5-15_7-22-5.png

https://www.boatingmag.com/how-to/how-to-install-rod-and-cup-holder-drains

Rod Holder Base Drain Cap

upload_2018-5-15_7-19-16.png

5. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer
    Thread Started By

Those are neat. Might be a way to use them - just have totally foam filled sides. Will contemplate.

6. Nautical Gator

remove your rod holder, drill a hole where you want the hose to go, and just run the hose to the hole, they have hose end caps that go flush against your gel coating that you attach the end of the hose to. You do not want your rod holder to hold water.

Here is one for my cup holder.

upload_2018-5-15_8-1-39.png