1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Saturday, Jan 18 - Opinions...

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Rich M, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:06 AM.

1. Rich M

Rich M Mate
    Fishing Chatter

OK, my sister is in town and I haven't been out since September or so. Still think can get some trout and whiting bu that's not the primary question.

The question is if the rocket test is gonna go off (gonna be breezy)

and IF there are any fish in the surf. Steve hasn't been having a lot of action but the DNJ says the surf is on fire. Is that just around the inlet or just north of the inlet.

Worst case we head into my favorite areas and get a few trout, watch the interweb for rocket updates and make a run for the National Seashore if they say they are gonna launch.

Anyone got any ideas?

I did see the last time they deployed the capsule and it was pretty neat. Be nice to get sis where she could see the excitement.

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

That would be really cool to be able to watch the launch from the water down there. Had thought before about that but the launches are so unreliable I was thinking it would be a lot of effort if they called it off. However, I was t thinking about making it a fishing that might turn in to watching a launch. Thumbsup1:::1
    Be sure to let us know what you do.

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

the Sheeps are in, if you fish the jetty, fish with fiddlers right up to the rocks.

4. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Deckhand

We have found they are only closed for some launches so we check online before going. I think that now they are open for most launches. As an alternative you can go to CNS north if south is closed.

5. Rich M

Rich M Mate
    Fishing Chatter

Launch got scrubbed, they gonna try for tomorrow.

Wind is howling here, scrubbed the fishing too. Looks like will do some chores around here for my folks.

Thanks Sam. I'm gonna try and get some before the run is over.