1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Santa Rosa Sound.

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by NJbasser, Feb 16, 2017.

1. NJbasser

NJbasser Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

Need to find some hot spots or what to look for when fishing for trout on Santa Rosa Sound.

That's the Navarre area.

2. webeboatin

webeboatin Pirate

Never been up that way but I hear its beautiful. Good luck!

3. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

That area is nothing but fishy! Monster reds and too many trout!

Here's the deal, fish the drop off I marked in yellow. Google Earth shows it real well. ONLY use "New Penny Gulp Shrimp" on a jig head. We tried everything, that is what worked. If the trout bite the tail off, continue to use it you'll be amazed. Bring enough gulps because the trout will tear them up. When you find the trout, they will be thick.

If you fishing near Navarre bridge target the old docks and pilings.

Good luck, and please let us know how you do. Man if I could jump in your suitcase I would!

Don't be surprised to see the Blue Angels buzzing right over your head or parachuters jumping out of planes trying to land on a 10 x 10 platform in the river!

Capture.JPG

If you want monster reds go to Pensacola Bay Bridge pier and use cut bait. Make sure you fish next to someone with a bridge net!

fishing-bridge.jpg

Big Red.jpg

4. NJbasser

Thread Started By

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I fish the areas you spoke of and caught some nice reds and back in April much to mine and a charter boat captain's surprise I caught a pompano next to the Navarre bridge. I fish that a lot and usually catch reds there but that was my 1st. pompano. Haven't had much luck w trout but have caught a few here and there. Still learning he area.

5. NJbasser

Thread Started By

I also caught the blue angels practicing over parts of the sound and a river there. They came right over my head a few times. If you ever come up this way give me a shout as I'm looking for someone to fish with here.