1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Rhodan Dealer. Cost Of Install

Discussion in 'Boat Build, Boat Projects... etc' started by Troy, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Troy

Troy Pirate
    Thread Started By

Seriously thinking about doing a rhodan gps/trolling motor install. Weighing my options and trying to decide if I want to tackle it myself. Has anyone received a dealer quote for install or had one installed in the central Florida area? Just curious what the install cost would be. I looked up the local rhodan dealers on their website but figured I would ask around first before I just start calling asking for quotes.

2. 311sarge

311sarge Master Gunner

Depends on the size boat your putting it on and the room it has. You need plenty Bow space to mount with plenty of room for a backing plate or davit for it to mount to. The rohdan has so much thrust it will bend/flex metal. If you take it anywhere to have the work done expect to pay around $125 an hour. Depending on your capabilities, it can be done if you have the knowledge and time. If the thought of drilling holes in your boat frightens you then maybe let somebody else tackle it..

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

mounting should be the easiest part. battery placement, running the wiring and charging unit will be the most challenging part.

4. Troy

Troy Pirate
    Thread Started By

Mounting I’m not really worried about. Your right I really just dont feel like crawling around and chasing wires. I also have a bow rail that I’m unsure what to do with. I can not really eliminate it I thought about cutting it and capping it where the motor would be. I worry this would Look goofy though. I have a wellcraft 230 fisherman. I should have room on the bow. The main thing I’m not sure of is having room under the center console for 3 more batteries. I already have the verado power steering and two batteries under there with a battery charger. I’m not sure where else I could stick them. I have a front livewell immediately in front of the center console that I never use. It’s low, in the floor, and in the center of the boat it may be my best option. It generally gets used as a trash can when I’m out with the family honestly since all I have to do is empty it and hose it out when I’m done.

5. Troy

Troy Pirate
    Thread Started By

Here is a picture where u can see the bow. I can take a better one next time I’m in the boat I don’t keep it at the house.

4FA3B6EA-E3B8-4F82-944A-4C8767D63C11.jpeg

6. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

7. Troy

Troy Pirate
    Thread Started By

The hinge picture is exactly what I envisioned. I guess someone has done it already. I know they make Bimini hardware that would fit over that I could use.