1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Red Snapper Season 2019

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Nautical Gator, Mar 3, 2019.

1. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Hopefully the seas are favorable.

2. William OBrien

William OBrien Treasure Hunter

I don't mind hooking into a hog of a ARS anytime I go out, they are fun to catch. Even with the de hookers and air venting needles, I still see coda or shark waiting for me to let that puppy go so he can get a meal.

3. Aluminati

Aluminati Treasure Hunter

Hope to go snapper fishing during the july openings. I just got back from a somewhat disappointing trip to the keys. I did catch the biggest yellowtail snapper of my fishing life. She was 27", didnt have a scale to wiegh her. Caught her on the Marathon Lady party boat after my buddies boat when down for the week right after launching it! IMG_0378.JPG

311sarge, mkyota1 and mlea42 like this.
  4. BothShores

BothShores Pirate

Hey fishin folks... I can share our logic. I have 3 different (unrelated) sets of friends i rotate and do the snapper days last couple years now. I like to go every day its open weather pending but I understand not everyone can accomplish this. We have a simple ideology. We follow the intel / fish reports (kings, dolphin, cobia (thermocline) etc.) Whats been biting? Whats been hot up to a few days before snapper season? Then we go... we target those fish. We catch so many red snapper on accident now, that we end up getting our 4 or 3 fish that we need. This sounds like a simple thing, but psychologically the entire demeanor of the trip changes. We are going on a fishing trip Number 1. Number 2, we just happen to be allowed to keep ARS on these days. Super. My two cents..... but makes for fun days and less stress. except for the boat ramp.

311sarge and mlea42 like this.
  5. j204burkett

j204burkett Pirate

Never fished this season, how far out of Ponce do you have to run to find them?

6. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Fishing Chatter

five mile reef or all the way out to the fathoms...

7. j204burkett

j204burkett Pirate

Thanks Nautical Gator!

8. Floridays

Floridays Pirate in the making

This is definately a success story in fish population managment. However like most good things we dont know when to move on. We can hardly botom fish for the pesty red snapper.

9. 311sarge

311sarge Powder Monkey

I agree both shores. I’d rather just fish how I’d normally fish and target the same spices as normal and keep them as a by catch. I mean I know they are elusive and endangered after all. Lmao.

10. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Fishing Chatter

yeah but it is still always nice to have a go to fish to just have a good time enjoying line tension for those who do not mind catch and release as a sport.

11. alex23

alex23 Pirate

Looking forward to it. Let’s hope the seas are calm and we can really target that population. Would be nice to make a dent in them and catch other fish during the non season.