1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Port Canaveral Jetty And Bouys 2-13-18 / Flounder And Jacks

Discussion in 'Near-shore Fishing Reports (R)' started by aharp61, Feb 14, 2018.

1. aharp61

aharp61 Deckhand
    Fishing Report By

Headed out at 7am with 3 dozen live shrimp and frozen mullet starting off with 6 different buoys because the shrimp were nice and big but no action after 2 hours so I moved in to the north jetty and started off with for nice jacks and a small sheep. I made a move to the tip and things picked up with 2 small jacks, a small black drum, 4 lady fish, and 2 keeper flounder at 14" and 15". The last fish was a lower slot red that I pulled the hook on trying to lift him in the boat, guess I should have got the net doesn't pay to be lazy. Oh well at least the fishing picked up, water temp 71 degrees. Lazy with the camera too!

A nice triple tail from last Friday from the port is the second picture 23" 10lb!

20180213_132700_resized.jpg

20180208_132120_resized_1.jpg

Ken Boone, mkyota1 and shrimpmansteve like this.
  2. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy

Great report. Thanks for sharing

3. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Nice work. That triple tail is huge!

4. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

Glad to action picking up a bit at the port! Thanks for the report.

5. Yellowtail

Yellowtail Powder Monkey

Man I gotta try fishing that area a bit of a haul but may be worth the extra trailering

6. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

The fishing is good all around Florida, (in every waterway) just read our how to fishing for forums it has a ton of free information... rigs techniques etc... Give me a rod, or hand line, and I will come back with fish...

7. Stan T

Stan T Pirate

Nice fish, always nice to get out and come back with some eats...thanks for the post

8. ORLANDOFLORIDA

ORLANDOFLORIDA Treasure Hunter

Nice job weather looks good for Saturday might be able to get it wet.

9. enders game

enders game Able Bodied Sailor

Thanks for the info. I tried surf fishing this morning 02/16 off Patrick AFB beach and the current was too strong northward to hold bottom. I quit very early when my baits ended up on the beach after a short period. Glad to see the fish are back at Canaveral. I may now shift to some inshore fishing thanks to your post.

10. Bob C

Bob C Master Gunner

Some nice fish for dinner, thanks for the report.

11. FLBoatGuy

FLBoatGuy Pirate

I imagine you landed the flounder with shrimp. How do you fish with the mullet? Nice flounder, love to get into some of them. Is filleting a flounder any different than other fish?

12. Buckshot20

Buckshot20 Blackbeard

Nice groceries. Thanks for the report

13. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer

Nice size triple tail and great catch on the flounder.