1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Ponce 10/13 Full Moon!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports (R)' started by JR219, Oct 14, 2019.

1. JR219

JR219 Pirate in the making
    Fishing Report By

Hi again, somehow I got to go fishing yesterday. Stared at jetty at 7 am a few boats there and no bite. So we went to check out reef 12. Seas were a bit high like 3 to 5 but they were far between. Like 10 seconds. So it was not to bad of a ride.. around 11am got more calm. The bite was slow in the morning. We moved like 3 times. Started cutting dead shrimp and using as chum. I think that helped because the magroves came in. We didn’t have a net, it was gone maybe the wind took it on the ride there.. so only can swing them in to the boat. I lost the biggest one that way and was a bit upset. But kept a few and had a good day. That huge red gave me a fight. I almost pretended I was in the Gulf .. lol!! And my friend paid the taxes for me.. lol!! Left by 1:30

3D779D64-403E-40B9-B4C2-4E000DD79957.jpeg

52614FE8-64EA-4AB0-8AE3-ACFCCB314976.jpeg

47739919-A018-4658-8175-194E2A2DC8D7.jpeg

mkyota1, 311sarge and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. duffy

duffy Powder Monkey

That's a good day. I have been avoiding offshore thinking it was to rough but your pics got me thinking...

JR219 likes this.
  3. JR219

Fishing Report By

Yes sir.. I tough that was going to be rough but when the report said 12 sec. I knew that was not going to be that bad.. Worst could happen was stay at the Jetty.. When the fish calls you must go. lol!

4. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Buccaneer

Great report and catch! Mangoes are great eats! Looks like a shark got one too!

JR219 likes this.
  5. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Nice haul of Mangroves for sure! Good job. Must not have caught the tide right at the jetties. Is that a Mangrove or Red Snapper that got cut off at the head?
    Thanks for report.

JR219 likes this.
  6. JR219

Fishing Report By

That was a pretty big lane snapper :(.

7. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Aw, that sucks. :knocking my head:

8. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Looks like a fun day on the water. Good that you could get out.

JR219 likes this.
  9. William OBrien

William OBrien Cabin Boy

Lucky you! I have not been able to catch a break and get out there for way too long. Good to see someone on here did.
    Thanks for the report

JR219 likes this.
  10. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Love me some mangs. Nice catching.

JR219 likes this.
  11. JR219

Fishing Report By

Oh yes! look at your pic.. Huge one..

mkyota1 likes this.
  12. Rocky1789