1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Outriggers Install

Discussion in 'Boat Build, Boat Projects... etc' started by kmorningstar01, Jan 13, 2018.

1. kmorningstar01

kmorningstar01 Pirate
    Thread Started By

Finally got all the pieces and parts to install my outriggers. I’m kinda cheap but work at a race shop with a machine shop. I bought a set of lee outriggers off Craigslist for 80$ and found a set of taco grand slams off eBay for 160$ with no handles and missing the receiver part for the poles themselves. I got a newer style of handles and we had to machine my bases. I’ll get more pics today but so far so good!!

36A47EF0-BD6F-4396-906A-38EF57253059.jpeg

ED8410C1-741C-404F-A6E6-8CC35D19D147.jpeg

mkyota1 likes this.
  2. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Should be sweet when done. I blame you for all of this bad weather. This is going on three weeks since you asked about Heading out. Lol. Man we need a weather break!

3. kmorningstar01

kmorningstar01 Pirate
    Thread Started By

I’m dying right now. And I’ve got the 24hr race comming up and this is my last weekend off... I’m dying lol... I’ll be ready as soon as that report says it’s decent lol... I wanna get offshore soooo bad

mkyota1 likes this.
  4. ORLANDOFLORIDA

ORLANDOFLORIDA Treasure Hunter

Wow that is cheap. I dont want to say what I paid for my setup. Going to take some work but it will be worth it. Would be nice to sneak offshore soon. Have you decided how many lines you want to run? Are you putting a ring in for teasers?

5. kmorningstar01

kmorningstar01 Pirate
    Thread Started By

Also finished up the new radio and speakers my wife got me for x mas

D0451A14-CB6F-4743-91B9-ABAFECF8298C.jpeg

A96A2461-962B-4BE7-BABF-5E4F902B6127.jpeg

2854FCA7-97EE-4117-A069-98EC40B56DB2.jpeg

6. ORLANDOFLORIDA

Riggers look good. I like the wrap

7. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Always nice to be able to do things yourself.

Good job. Thumbsup1:::1

8. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

That turned out really nice.

9. Bob C

Bob C Master Gunner

That looks like it should work well for you. Nothing like having the space, equipment, and know how to do it yourself!

10. kmorningstar01

kmorningstar01 Pirate
    Thread Started By

Thanks guys. I’ve learned how to save money by buying stuff broken or used lol. And I don’t mind spending time at work welding and machineing stuff so it helps the wallet lol.

Bossman likes this.
  11. kmorningstar01

kmorningstar01 Pirate
    Thread Started By

I’m not sure about how many lines lol. Still going over it all with my buddy. He’s always fished on sport fish boats so he knows how it should be done just on a bigger boat lol. He’s taking the wheel on helping me set it all up

12. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Very nice do it yourself job. It's always nice to save a little money.

13. scasios76

scasios76 Blackbeard

Great on finding those deals. Time to get offshore and put them to use

14. ORLANDOFLORIDA

Its always nice to have someone around to know what its supposed to look like. Hope to see pictures when your able to get out

15. Roadhammer

Roadhammer Cabin Boy

Nice work. Nothing feels better than your own handy work on a job well done. Fishing is challenging on the Gulf coast this time of year. I use this time for annual maint. and upgrades.

16. Chuck Pelletier

Chuck Pelletier Pirate in the making

Beautiful aluminum work. You’re gonna be proud when you get that first catch on them!

17. Joseph Warga

Joseph Warga Cabin Boy

that's a nice looking ride and a great shop for tooling...

18. kmorningstar01

kmorningstar01 Pirate
    Thread Started By

Thanks guys. Hopefully we can get out soon. There’s talk about the shop about heading down south to go try and get on some sail fish... well see