1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Outboard Water Separator

Discussion in 'Boat Supply, Boat Parts, Boat Information etc…' started by Nautical Gator, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

2. Looks like a good deal. I’ve been wanting to add a clear bowl separator. I guess now is the time. Thanks for sharing

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. Greg and Tabitha

Greg and Tabitha Cabin Boy

I like it too. Sure beats my quicksilver spin on fuel/water separator. You can't tell if any water is in it unless you remove it and dump it in a container. I'm seriously thinking of getting it too. I watched the video you posted about it. Let us know how well it works for you. Wonder if it will fit on my head/bracket or will I have to buy the entire assembly.

4. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

5. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Boaters WARNING ! "Ethanol" the engine killer .....Jeff the Boat Doctor shows you what happens

enders game likes this.
  6. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Since we are on the subject, you will also need to change out your Outboard Fuel Filter Element Replacement every so often...

Yamaha 115 LB Outboard Fuel Filter Element Replacement

7. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Since I am changing out my water separator with the above unit
    I am also replacing my fuel filter element on my motor as well.

Got mine on order from Amazon here
    http://amzn.to/2F6RIE5

Sierra 18-79799 Yamaha Fuel Filter - Replaces 6D8-WS24A-00-00

upload_2018-3-2_10-50-9.png

8. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

OK Got my fuel water separator today here is the unit and packaging.

P3050444.JPG
    P3050445.JPG P3050446.JPG P3050447.JPG P3050448.JPG P3050449.JPG P3050450.JPG

9. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

10. enders game

enders game Able Bodied Sailor

Late yesterday I thought it was a good time to replace my water separator before I decided to fish Saturday morning 6/30, considering all the rain we've been having lately. When I unscrewed the old separator and tried to install a new cartridge, the center screw detached. So I spent Saturday morning installing a new one instead of fishing. Previously I ordered a smaller size one (attached) with a bowl that I could look at and drain. Now my boat is back in action and ready to fish so long as the weather holds out. I also ordered a new replacement cartridge for my new one. This is one piece of equipment that can save you from being towed back to the ramp.
    610M5OM9GzL._SL1100_.jpg

11. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

Looks like a pretty small filter.

12. enders game

It sure is and that size is the only one I could find with a sight bowl that would fit in my boat. There is like a lower step that leaves only enough room for a normal spin on filter. Now I can see what settles on the bottom of my new filter and determine when it's time to replace the cartridge. Reports about the one I posted seem to be good. But like you said, it is small.

13. enders game

The only place on my boat where a reasonable size water separator a with trainable sight bowl would fit was outside the after hatch compartment that did not have enough height to mount this kind of filter. Now I can view the bowl, drain it when necessary, and not worry about having water filling the filter without knowing about it. Here is where I mounted it and tested it yesterday with success. However the squeeze bulb still remains under the hatch and out of the sun. Here is a photo of what I'm talking about.
    IMG_0786.JPG