1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Out Of State Report For Lake Erie

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing Reports' started by Mboat, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Mboat

Mboat Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

Have been out of the Florida state for so long , but have not forgotten you all.

Lake Erie has been producing some quality Walleye this season .
    With just last week most boats limiting out working 15 to 16 miles north of the PA / OH state line
    Trolling cranks and worm harnesses has put some 6 to 8 lb fish in the box for our boat.
    Now that water temps are beginning to fall into the low 60's the Steelhead are showing up in all the familiar places. A beautiful fish , that is exciting to catch with jumps and runs, just not the best of eating compared to the Lake Erie Yellow Perch that are beginning to mass on to the Zebra shell bars just off the coast.
    The fall rush is on and if the weather would just cooperate a bit longer, we may get some fish in the freezer.
    Plans are to run the boat as long as possible , then maybe return to our favorite spot down on the coast of Florida.
    You people stay warm and safe.
    Best regards
    Mike M

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Sounds like some more good fishing in your near future until it gets too cold and you head South. I haven’t caught a Walleye or Perch in ages. thanks for the report.

3. Mboat

Mboat Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

Any time mak . The Virus thing has many of us still off work, so runnin the boat and takn customers out three or four days a week has been the new norm. Doesn't pay all that good, but we're eatin pretty well.
    It has been a long time since I have last been on line and checked in with the site or any one else for that matter. Just not enough time in the day it seems. Got the " are you still alive " email from the kids and it has progressed from there.
    I will make an attempt to check in a bit more often.

Hope things are good down there for everyone, and the fish are plentiful for all.
    Have had a couple of light frosts up here , and we all know what comes next... the S word.
    Would rather be swingin on the hook at Sebastian inlet, but soon enough I keep tellin myself,,, soon enough.
    Take care
    Mike m

4. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

I just came back to our place in the N GA mountains. Supposed to get down to 40 deg the next couple nights. Perfect start to my bow hunting season. Could have started a few weeks ago but it’s so warm in early Sept that I only like going out in the morning before it warms up so much I sweat...
    Just hung one of my climbers. Tons of white oak acorns out this year...