1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Nsb Trout With Sam - 2/09

Discussion in 'Boat-less Inshore Fishing Reports (R)-' started by Ken Boone, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:54 PM.

1. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit
    Fishing Report By

Sam invited Myrna and me to visit and set a hook at his new temporary digs. After checking out the house, we went out on his dock and fought the wind and rain while trying to hook a fish or two. Sam struck on his second cast, a nice keeper trout. A bit later, he pulled in an undersized snook. Myrna and I were fight the catfish and pin fish on live bait. Later on, Sam struck again - a 24” trout and another keeper trout. Oddly enough, the only decent strike I got while casting occurred while I was trying to get the net ready for Sam’s monster, but not oddly, I missed it. A couple of birds decided they wanted to eat our lures - after trying to fish around them for about 30 minutes, we decided to call it a day. Myrna showed Sam how she bakes trout which turned out delicious, less than two hours out of the water. Thanks, Sam, for the invite! We had a fun day and it was nice wetting the hooks!

B88320C6-4448-4EB4-B88F-CD7E8194A91A.jpeg
    EFCF8BF5-6885-4185-88A4-8598AA5398C2.jpeg
    905FFF89-023B-4026-8D68-73F78CD6A423.jpeg
    0DC17812-AB94-4319-96ED-FEF72F71EDAA.jpeg
    3C5D0E9F-FA68-4027-AF92-781514962820.jpeg
    98C627F5-D51D-46A5-9711-5713E9B03F70.png

mkyota1, Karl B and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. mak

mak Able Bodied Sailor

Making me hungry. Love spotted trout.
    Sam’s sure got a sweet temp spot to live while getting his house back to spec.
    24” trout is a really nice one! BTW, I always seem to get the best hits when I’m screwing around and not paying attention. Thanks for report and great pics.

Nautical Gator and Ken Boone like this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

it was nice getting together with Ken and Myrna again, it's been a long time...

As Ken stated Myrna cooked up the Trout, and we all enjoyed the day and the meal...

upload_2019-2-11_5-39-53.png

looks like one weakfish and two Trout
    upload_2019-2-11_5-43-53.png

upload_2019-2-11_5-42-41.png

upload_2019-2-11_5-41-55.png

mkyota1 and Karl B like this.
  4. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Thank you for the pictures and the report. What a great day you had! :) And could you please share the secret with me how Myrna baked the trout? I really would like to make one your style tonight by myself. Unfortunately I will have to buy one - As there are not so many trouts here in the river Rhine.

5. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

Thanks for the report and pictures! 24 inch Trout! Very nice!

6. Greenedog

Greenedog Blackbeard

Nice catches and it looked delicious!

7. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Nice catch Sam a 24" is a fine trout for sure. I approve of your neighbors also they are flying the right colors.

8. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Matey

Wow looks like you guys had a really good time. Thanks for the report and pics.

9. Karl B

Karl B Rigger

Great Report and Great Pictures. Everyone smiling and enjoying the day. Thanks for posting this story book fishing adventure and I am getting excited about this upcoming fishing/shrimping season.

10. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Carpenter

Nice to have a fish filet garden in the backyard. Too bad for the next tenants at the property, that dock will get some major pressure while your there.

11. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Carpenter

Nothing like fresh trout for dinner.
    Thanks for the report and it’s nice to see Sam back in action

12. mkyota1

mkyota1 Swashbuckler

Solid trout for sure. Nice weather and great views. Good day to be by the water.