1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

No Wounder Red Snapper Fishing Is Closed.

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by Nautical Gator, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Muggin Mullet likes this.
  2. Muggin Mullet

Muggin Mullet Treasure Hunter

Did you watch that show Big Fish Texas ? Every single time it aired on TV the internet EXPLODED with people losing their shit with how many fish were being taken. In one episode they lost an entire boat of reds because of bad icing methods. They decided to just use it for cat/dog food. I wonder if Nat Geo is even going to continue with the show after the shit storm they created lol.

3. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Buccaneer

There are commercial guys that have good buddies at FWC, so obvious!

4. Shrimp Gritter

Shrimp Gritter Seaman apprentice

Commercial interests are well funded and somewhat unified and the Commission and politicians are responding to them, while sport fishermen are being represented by a spattering of individuals and organizations to contest the regulations. There's no other reason, I can see, why the commercial industry profits while sport fisherman pay the price in over-regulation. By the same token we have individuals, on both sides, who think that limits, slot-limits, and laws don't apply to them. Thanks for posting such a revealing video.

5. Patty Wagon

Patty Wagon Treasure Hunter

Yeah, closed for the recreational guy with one hook on a pole!
    What a joke!!!!!!

6. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

That's incredible! I wonder what there bag limits is?

7. Cobia300

Cobia300 Powder Monkey

Man, that pisses me off! We can't keep just one and these guys are pulling in the twenties each haul...

Nautical Gator likes this.
  8. spacemanX

spacemanX Pirate in the making

thanks for sharing

disgusting

9. 311sarge

311sarge Master Gunner

Such a political who done it between commercial and law makers. Its sickening to see this kind of thing happen every day on commercial boats but us recreational anglers could lose our boats.

10. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Thanks for posting that video Sam. Enough to make me sick. I spend thousands of dollars on my boat, support bait and tackle shops, mechanics, etc., etc. and I can't keep one damn snapper. Oh wait, I forgot there are NO RED SNAPPER.
    Hopefully the feds and the FWC guys who are making these rules will be retiring soon with all the kick-back money they are getting. Lets' get somebody in there who will face reality and change the law.
    President Trump can you hear me? Help.

11. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

What can you say other than $%^$^%**^%(&^(^&(&!

12. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By