1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Night Mangrove Trips

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by adallas, Mar 20, 2020.

1. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

When is it good to start night fishing the reefs and wrecks for Mangroves on a full moon? When are they closer in shore?

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I like April, May, June, and July

Tarpun and mak like this.
  3. Rich M

Rich M Mate

Find places where you can get a few during the day and go back in evening, you might just tear em up. Picky buggers at times.

4. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

maybe July...if things calm down

5. kujo

kujo Newbie

I’ve been diving them for years. They seem to be more plentiful on the ledges/reefs than the wrecks. Butt that’s daytime. No clue about nighttime and don’t want to go down there to check it out

6. double gobble

double gobble Newbie

New to bottom fishing. What type of tackle setup do you find most successful?

7. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

I know you normally fish deep but can this be good closer in? Do you chum?

8. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Search Mikes posts, he catches a lot closer...

mkyota1

9. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate

June/July are great months down here in Sebastian and Fort Pierce. I have caught a bunch of nice mangroves in 20-30 ft of water at night with a few nice mutton's mixed in there

10. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

Do you chum and fish the top or mid water column or just fish structure?

11. gatorx07

gatorx07 Pirate

Set up, up current to the reef or structure, throw a block of chum about 10-15 feet down, free line some live bait on the surface or mid water column, start dropping lines down to the bottom and wait for that bite! May take a little while for the fish to be attracted to the chum slick. If no action after 30 minutes or so, it is time to move to another spot. Good luck and send us your reports!

12. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

Around full moon in july is when we always did good . Dad and I use to go every summer on the high bar