1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

New Boat Coming! Do I Need Decals Right Away?

Discussion in 'Boating - Anything to do with Boating' started by MannyManuel, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MannyManuel

MannyManuel Junior Member
    Thread Started By

Planning to pickup a new boat on Thursday. I domt have my registration numbers yet and wanted to order some fancier number decals online. Do I need to put the numbers on before I take it out? I read online I have 30 days and need proof of purchase date. Just double checking. By the time they mail me the numbers, I'll be dieing just starting at it in my driveway lol.

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I would have my number before operating on the water.
    those number are like a license plate for your boat.

• All vessels, with the exception of non-motor-powered vessels less than 16 feet in length, non-motor-powered canoes, kayaks, racing shells or rowing sculls, regardless of length, must be registered through your local Tax Collector's Office.
    • Letters must be separated from the numbers by a hyphen or space equal to letter width.
    • The Certificate of Registration must be on board and available for inspection by an enforcement officer whenever the vessel is operated.
    • Vessels must be registered and numbered within 30 days of purchase.
    • Registration numbers must be displayed on the forward half of the vessel on both sides above the waterline.
    • The numbers must be bold block letters at least 3" high in a color contrasting to the hull.
    • The vessel registration decal must be renewed annually and is to be displayed within 6 inches of, either before or after, the registration numbers on the port (left) side.
    • Documented vessels without a state registration in full force and effect must also obtain a Florida registration and display the validation decal on the port side of the vessel when using Florida waters.

3. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Congratulations! Did you go with the Key West 1720 like you were leaning towards? What motor?

4. MannyManuel

Thread Started By

I went with a 2020 2000 bullsbay with a 150hp Suzuki.

Greenedog likes this.
  5. mak

Looks like a nice boat.

6. Dave rivera

Dave rivera Master Gunner

That’s a nice looking boat Manny, hope to see you on the water soon. Good luck.

7. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Matey

That ought to do the trick. Nice ride you picked!

8. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Seaworthy

Amazon Prime has free one day shipping.

9. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Matey

Let’s see some pics of the new boat please

10. flrockytop

flrockytop Junior Member

Dont use fancier letters. The regulations say box letters. Its not always enforced. The you cannot pass a CoastGuard Aux VSC with the fancy letters.

11. MannyManuel

Thread Started By

New boat! 2020 bulls bay 2000.

20190808_120517.jpg

20190808_120847.jpg

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  12. Sweep49

Sweep49 Pirate in the making

Nice boat, thanks for the pics.

13. mak

Very nice! You will enjoy that. Now go catch some fish.

14. flrockytop

flrockytop Junior Member

I'd need a T top to keep some sun off this old man.

How did sea trial go? looks like fun

What size Suzuki? I have 70. Best engine I've ever had.

15. MannyManuel

Thread Started By

We had a great day, took it out to the inlet and went out the jetty for a bit did some fishing. Nothing great.
    I have the 115. Good so far. I had a 1973 135 evinrude about 13 years ago. This thing sips gas compared to that thing.

16. MannyManuel

Thread Started By

Just for informational purposes. You do have 30 days from purchase date to register the boat. You can legally have it out and about with proof that you are still within the 30 days. The dealer actually will handle all the paperwork. They said they would call me with the numbers once they get them.

17. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

Beautiful, that will get the job done.

18. Dave rivera

Dave rivera Master Gunner

Beautiful boat Manny, hope to see you on the water.