1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Near Shore Cape Canaveral Morning Of 5/7

Discussion in 'Near-shore Fishing Reports (R)' started by enders game, May 7, 2018.

1. enders game

enders game Able Bodied Sailor
    Fishing Report By

West wind reduced the seas at the Port, so I launched at first light and headed to the north jetty hoping to find some flounder. No such luck. I hung in there and only landed two toss back 16 inch redfish along with tiny mangrove snappers after which I decided to try another spot. I headed offshore past the first green buoy and began drifting with cut bait. It was stead action on sand trout, croakers and whiting. Some of the sand trout were good size along with several whiting. I filled up the bottom of my cooler with small fish that I plan to give away to friends. I headed in around 11 when the fishing slacked off. No photos, since my camera battery is down.

2. alex23

alex23 Pirate

Thanks for the report. How did the seas look? It’s indicating about 4 foot swells at the buoy reading. Is that about right? Planning on heading offshore later in the week

3. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

Were you freelining or bottom fishing, Rudy? I know what your bait was, haha. Congrats on finding the fish.

4. enders game

Fishing Report By

Both. I try everything when the fishing is slow. The place I moved to was a big surprise. Fish must have been schooled up big time with a mix of sand trout, whiting, and big croakers. After about an hour most left, but some still hung around. Nice day. Water was really calm close in.

Ken Boone likes this.
  5. enders game

Fishing Report By

Seas were flat. Boats heading to 8a were not bouncing around at all. Kings must be running since many commercial boats were heading there.

6. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Nice job. When the weather gods do not cooperate, take what they give you. I'm surprised it was that nice, up here it was rough offshore.

7. bogman102

bogman102 Petty Officer

Thanks for an interesting report!

8. Rocky1789

Rocky1789 Master Gunner

well if the bottom of the cooler was covered not bad. Your neighbors will like it

9. aharp61

aharp61 Deckhand

A good day with table fair! Thanks for the report!

10. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

That's not a bad catch for the neighbor, I'm sure there won't be any complaints there. TFTR

11. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

Great report EG, thanks.

12. Pontoonafish

Pontoonafish Newbie

Great job finding those fish.