1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Mosquito Lagoon Gator

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by robthetimekeeper, Aug 30, 2017.

1. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper First Mate
    Thread Started By

Mosquito Lagoon Gator
    Warning - Bad Language
    This one made me laugh!
    Action begins at :57 seconds

dasugaman101 and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. Keith

Keith Pirate

That's a size one. He hasn't missed a meal and he's not going to miss that one.

3. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

That guy is lucky. I was just telling a friend yesterday that I have seen them in both lagoons on both sides of Haulover.

4. Thomas Sawyer

Thomas Sawyer Pirate

Puts a little fear in my kayaking.

5. Pj s hotrod

Pj s hotrod Cabin Boy

Makes you really think hard ,how bad do you really want that fish. Glad he was ok

6. Joseph Warga

Joseph Warga Cabin Boy

that's a scary scenario.. mean growl

7. Sandra Pillows

Sandra Pillows Treasure Hunter

Glad you are ok..he was a big one

8. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper First Mate
    Thread Started By

Just to be clear, it's not me in the video. I would not be dumb enough to go down to the waters edge to retrieve a flopping fish right next to a gator, and I certainly would never turn my back on one! That guy, whoever he is, is lucky he didn't get bit. In the video, you can see the hungry gator start to make a beeline for that fish as soon as it was hooked.

Sandra Pillows likes this.
  9. Shrimp Gritter

Shrimp Gritter Seaman apprentice

I wouldn't be surprised, judging by the way he came right up on the bank, if he has been fed by someone at that location. I've had many curious ones follow large bobbers and even fish being landed but small animals on shore is the only thing I've seen gators that are not being artificially fed come up like that with a human standing there.

10. webeboatin

webeboatin Pirate

Tried to pole up to an 8footer on tiger shoals over labor day weekend to give him a headache but he went down and I couldn't find him. Saw him 2 or three times cruising the grass flats just inside the north shoals but I was always 100 yards or more away.